ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 380312
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@thoad:
So why is he wearing a skirt? :P

This tournament is going to be good.

Still not sure if I'll have a second contestant! D:

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Cenere, what am I supposed to be doing here?
I feel like I was asked to this competition to be humiliated (which I have).
If so, you have succeeded, and I will withdraw Razar from this tournament.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

[quote]But uhm.... Ahw, nevermind.

Did I miss any thing important? I want to make it as goos as possible. So....yeah.[/quote]

Just... Uhm, take a look or two on some of my other posts about weaknesses, I guess.

Oo Humiliated?! I am sorry, if I have... I... It.... What???
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oo Humiliated?! I am sorry, if I have... I... It.... What???
I second that.
Don't leave us, mentorso!! D:
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And now, before I write the prologues for my characters, I bring you...

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stropblownaway.jpg

Name: Strop a.k.a. Strawpony
Species: Anthropomorphic horse (bay thoroughbred)
Sex/Gender: Male
Height: 180cm (5'11&quot
Mass: 73kg (162lb)
Equipment/ability: Uses a bow and arrow for a wide range of tasks. Ninja suit is camoflauge at night. Empty-handed combat of awesome ninja style :P

Strengths:

* Very observant. Can quickly familiarise himself with his surroundings and plan escape routes.
* Good evasive and stealth ability. Quick reflexes.
* Dedicated to his cause, which, in this case, is discerning the sinister details of this World Tournament. But normally is protecting the denizens of AG by upholding great justice!!!
* Not afraid of getting hit.
* Is really cute and enjoys rock-star popularity :3

Weaknesses:

* Vagues out a lot. Incapable of killing intent.
* Relatively average strength compared to the other contestants.
* Has absolutely no magic ability.
* Wearing black in the daytime really sticks out. How emo.
* Being a rock-star ninja is not good for your ninja stealth.

Even if Strop is pretty average physically, you will need to form a crafty plan in order to defeat him.

Backstory

Some say he was born in a cloud of ninja stars. Others say his ears receive several radio frequencies. All we know is that he is...the Strop.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

woah, I wouldn't have posted if I had been reading.

Huh!? What's going on here!?
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

How hard are strop's hooves?
eek

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hard like a horse's :P

But I wouldn't say that was a great strength in this context...if I myself were to compare my kick to if I had hooves compared to the strength of many in this tournament it would be like the difference between stopping a train with my pinky finger and doing the same with my middle finger.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Well, I don't know how effective body armor will be against hooves.
How do you manage not to be on the online users?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Actually, the difference in hardness between feet and hooves is quite significant when it comes to a creature that delivers lots of kicking attacks...
Hallow, for instance, would probably look at you like you were stupid or something if you kicked him with a soft human foot. A hoof, he might actually take damage from... (Thus revealing blunt damage is more effective than cutting damage on Hallow... His scales take care of the latter...)

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

God, Zophia, jeez. HUMAN FOOT???
sheesh...
hallow was worthy until now...
*jumps out window*

*hops back in because it is scary outside* eeeekkkk

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Looks good, Strop..............

Oh, and just for making it clear....
No more joining after today.
No more submitting character sheets after Friday/early Saturday.
The Tournament will start Sunday, rather early, if I can get to it...

If you have not, then submit a "Where is my character/s before they get to the tournament". Just a short something, so I can get the arrival to work, please?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

If you have not, then submit a "Where is my character/s before they get to the tournament". Just a short something, so I can get the arrival to work, please?
I'm working on that. If I can't finish a miniature story/drawing in time, I'll give you some info about it off-AG.

@mentorso:
Human feet are soft. Dragon skin is tough.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Thus revealing blunt damage is more effective than cutting damage on Hallow

...I'll think about that one. Good to know. I thought it'd be the equivlent of hammering steel plate :P

In martial arts, one can adjust the rigidity of their blow, or even project their damage internally past armor. Different martial art methods may have different effects on a creature like Hallow, for example if I used a knife-blade side kick (a hard karate attack), that could be worth more than a roundhouse kick. But we'll see.

Mentorso, I feel that were Razar to fight with either of my characters it would be a very good match!

...I'll write a prologue presently.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I thought it'd be the equivlent of hammering steel plate :P
Well, his muscles are strong but also quite possible to damage with a blow.
Actually his scales aren't exactly the toughest of dragons'. He's a swamp dragon, and I've never rawn individual scales on him, because they are really smooth. Quite possible to tear too, actually, but works better as a protection from cutting/slashing/piercing than blows.
The only really tough scales on him that can take a lot of damage, are the ones on his throat. They're tougher, because it needs more protection~
Showing 151-165 of 1813