ForumsSupport ForumLog Off Automatically

24 4197
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You may think I'm stupid or something, but i just noticed that when you close your window or browser or even when you restart your computer you're still logged in!

What if when you closed your window or do anything that i mentioned about, you log off automatically?If you turn off your computer then someone can turn it on and use your account and spam while you're gone.

What do you think?

If this thread is duplicated please tell me providing a link.

• 24 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

...everyone should know that you should log off if someone can access your account just like that, especially if you use it in public. Armor Game should not be responsible if your account is being used if you forget to log out.

But. You do get automatically logged out after a week or two.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well i don't know and that's not my fault.I think it should.Many people can forget and then they can be banned because of someone else.

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

I never log out. There is no point.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

Well I do log out when I am not using my home computer, and so should you.

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

Today I kinda forgot to log off, I know it sounds weird but yeah I forgot but that's just the first time.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i suggested this but yeah,im too lazy to link it,and uuhhh..

theone99 approves of this staying open.

and for people who have hard names,shouldnt have the option on.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

But. You do get automatically logged out after a week or two.

That happens by default. Me having a private computer that is password protected, I really don't need to log out of my user account. But for those that don't have the computer password protected, or for those that use public computers, I suggest you DO log out. This leads to spamming, misunderstanding, flaming, and the worst, hacking, if your neighbors are cruel enough. For the sake of your account, please, please, please log out when you are finished with AG!
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I always forget to log off of my acount.It would be GREAT if there was some way of automaticly logging off.

Good thread juan.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

juan999999 siad

You may think I'm stupid or something, but i just noticed that when you close your window or browser or even when you restart your computer you're still logged in!

Hmm... I've never had this happen, but maybe it's due to a cookie issue, and I always delete my cookies when I exit a browser (firefox... so yeah,) but a great idea nonetheless. Juan, you're not stupid, why would you say such a thing?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

He's not stupid, he's just funny =)

Because that's what's SUPPOSED to happen on AG, only after a week or two, the user name is automatically logged off. It would be ok to have an automatic user logout, but what's hard about going up to your name and clicking the button?

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I agree with Shin and Gantic on this -- why should AG be held responsible if someone else uses your account? It's a basic and fundamental rule of Internet usage: if you use a public computer, you should log off an account (and if possible, clear history & cookies).

[quote=juan999999]
Well i don't know and that's not my fault.I think it should.Many people can forget and then they can be banned because of someone else.
[/quote]

Yes, it is unfortunate that people are banned because they simply could not click a button. The button is there, it's available, just click it! And hey, if you forget and you remember after the damage is done -- there's not much to do but move on.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

spammer...

And I disagree with this. I love the fact that when I go onto AG I'm already logged in. Of course, my com is password protected so it's not a big deal. Maybe you have the option to turn it on and off, otherwise I would hate it.

I don't think it's important... though could help.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If you have a private, password-protected computer, then you're virtually safe. As for the otherwise, their neighbors can just as easily click on the AG page and mess with your account as they see fit.
But hey! Look at what I found!

http://armorgames.com/page/terms-and-conditions

Apparently, this information is already on the T&C, and it states to not leave your account unattended, because of the above reasons. As such, you should really do as we suggest and either:

1. Password protect your computer

2. Click on the button to logout. Remember your username/password and repeat the cycle.

Carly13
Carly13
66 posts
Nomad

Somepeople might forget their password and not log out lets stick to the way it is now Juan.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Somepeople might forget their password and not log out lets stick to the way it is now Juan.

So, are you agreeing or disagreeing with the idea? If you're using Windows XP at home -- definitely get your own account at home. For example, "Person X" and "Person Y". If either one of those persons wished to log into the other persons account -- they would have to know the password. If you're using a public computer -- click the logout button... and if you forget, well, there's no sense in moping about it -- just move on.
Showing 1-15 of 24