ForumsSupport ForumPreview Post button

24 4518
draterami
draterami
78 posts
Nomad

I've read about people wanting an edit post button. Then an add-on button to the post. However, a way to fix these mistakes before they are even posted in the first place is a "Preview Post" button.

You write your post, and instead of just the option to post what you've written, you can also preview it, before it goes up on the board for all to see. It's already been implemented in a number of other forums, from the metal-archives forum, to the explosm forum, and many many more.

This would mostly be useful for seeing if your codes have worked (urls, images, quotes), and would prevent double and triple postings whilst people try to get it right.

• 24 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

This has been suggested before and I would like to have this great function!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah me as well! Sometimes i forget to put something up and this will help me tons!

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

This mention a ton of times a couple months ago but i still like this idea. Especially when using BBCode you would be able to see your errors.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I really like this idea it would be helpful because sometimes my images don't work =( I hope this get implemented.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well to continue this from another thread manhy people think this is a good idea, what do staff think of it?

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

A good idea as it would help prevent spelling mistakes. Sometimes I miss them when just looking in the box and only realise when I have posted.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I like it. I mess up a lot with images, so this would help out. This would take quite some coding, though.

A good idea as it would help prevent spelling mistakes.

Well, if you have Firefox, you already have Spell-check. But yes, that would help out with spelling mistakes.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I've read about people wanting an edit post button. Then an add-on button to the post. However, a way to fix these mistakes before they are even posted in the first place is a "Preview Post" button.

I may still want to edit my post later. It would in no way make an edit function less useful.
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

I think that this is going to be a good idea so ya.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

i actually have never seen this one....but still love it!

There are really no down sides to this that ican think of....great idea.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd
seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

Haven't people thought of this idea? Unless this is an old thread.
This is a good idea also an 'EDIT' button.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i dont think an edit button would work too well because it could mean that potentially entire threads could change if everyone edited their posts constantly. It wouldonly work if people edited responsibly which i doubt would happen.

and cholo why the link to your profile?

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

and cholo why the link to your profile?

Lol I thought they turned him into a Mod.

WEll I personally like this idea cause I dont speak English that well and sometimes I make mistakes that people dont understand.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Lol I thought they turned him into a Mod.

Haha. I am terribly afraid they have not. And most likely will not. But I just wanted to see who I could trick.

WEll I personally like this idea cause I dont speak English that well and sometimes I make mistakes that people dont understand.

You seem to speak pretty good English. I like it more for the commands purpose. Like with bold italic etc. Sometimes I mess that up without realizing I did until after.
Showing 1-15 of 24