ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThanksgiving Armatar Contest!

197 36998
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

The Halloween Armatar Contest was so successful, that we will be doing it for other holidays as well! It was a great opportunity to see all of the creative talent on Armor Games.

So now we are on the theme of Thanksgiving! I know this is a mostly Americanized holiday, and that it doesn't really reflect what happened historically... but it is still a good time of year to spend time with friends and family, and eat some delicious food!

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Thanksgiving themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)

• 197 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It should probably have been darker, as the bone colour blends a little with the background. Hmm, yellow - green? But more likely a darker grayish blue?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Thanks, Cenere. I played around with the saturation from the green and the blue and ended up with a teal-purple.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/wishbone2.jpg

I need to work in grayscale more.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Looks a lot better now. The bone is visible, and easier to make out from the background now.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Gantic, I am totally envying your skills... Are you using vectors, or?

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I am developing a picture too! I am preparing it right now... Here it is!

[IMG]http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr246/Ulimitedpower/Turkeyotherversion-1.png[/IMG]

I hope you like it!

(If it does not appear, click this link: Picture

Ulimitedpower

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

If only I didn't have a mouse-lag on my laptop (that is of course with wired one) I would LOVE to help. . .

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Can someone PLEASE add some steam lines to my pie???

Please!

KingRyan

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Will this do, Kingryan?
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/pie.jpg

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Oh, and for the last time, I have re-made my turkeyleg once more! And hopefully it will be the last time! It's a softer color, and I added the steam just like the pie
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/morechicken.jpg

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Are you using vectors, or?

Just the Path tool in GIMP, which uses Bezier curves which are also used for vector art, but I'm confused.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Just the Path tool in GIMP, which uses Bezier curves which are also used for vector art, but I'm confused.
Is it okay if I come to you and ask how to use that sometime later when I'm not feverishly unable to adopt skills?

@Estel:
Good job on the steams~ *thumbs up*
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Nice work, what tool did you use for the steam, interesting work. I never though of that!

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

First off, I use paint.net, so this tool might not be in GIMP...
Anywho, I first drew a few thick greyish lines that curved at places from the turkey leg. Then go to effects--->blurs--->Gaussian blur. Don't turn up the intensity that much, but that's how it's done!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The turkey shape looks like a...seed. Maybe you should change the point at the end.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Can someone PLEASE add some steam lines to my pie???

Please!

KingRyan

What kind of a pie is that?
Is it like, cream pie?
Pumpkin pie?
Showing 136-150 of 197