analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → Winter Holiday Armatar Contest
Hello Armor Gamers!
Well, I think we can successfully say after the Halloween and Thanksgiving armatar contests, that you guys like these contests! So of course we need one for the winter holiday season. This is not going to be restricted towards Christmas. Entries for other winter holiday celebrations are also encouraged! So if you celebrate Yule, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc., or just like snow, feel free to submit an armatar about it so long as it fits the winter holiday theme. This has a wide range of possibilities!
I know this is opening up a bit earlier than the other contests have, but I know people have started making them already. So they might not be posted as soon as they are submitted, but this is a place where you can post them and have them organized.
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be winter holiday themed.
Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)
- 261 Replies
Dee4life, that was awesome but I think you are too late, because the contest is probably over. =( Sorry.
How can you not know what a Jewish person looks likeNever seen one before. = |
Nice Dee4Life the Santa looks way cooler though.
Hate to point out that Jews are a people as well as a religion. Most of their race practices the religion.
PC POLICE INTERVENTION!
If I recall correctly, there are different types of Swastika, only one of which was associated with the Nazi regime. Originally they were symbols of goodwill and fortune. Their inclusion anywhere is a sensitive issue though not automatically a "Nazi gesture", so general rule of thumb again is if people complain about it enough, we'll think about doing something about it.
Talo is right, Jews are a people as well as a religion (just like most Muslims are followers of the Islamic faith), though I'm not entirely sure what bearing that has on the issue unless you meant in the ethnic sense.
More pertinent here would be the stereotype/caricature of a Jewish person. Because to be honest, that portrait would definitely not be recognisable as a Jewish person.
Wow strop, take that in the religion forum.
Anyways, what does that have to do with anything?
[quote]hi hi hi
[quote]hi and hi and hi
[quote]hi once more
[quote]this is done from quotes
Just wanted to say, thanks for all the entries! There were some awesome submissions, and I enjoyed seeing what everyone drew. I will be removing the Christmas themed onces, since Christmas is now over. I will remove the Hanukkah ones tomorrow, since I believe tonight is the last night of Hanukkah.
I am going to leave the general winter themed ones up for a bit longer, since those are still in theme.
Thanks again for all the entries =) I will let you know when the next holiday armatar will be!
Thread is locked!