ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWinter Holiday Armatar Contest

261 53615
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Well, I think we can successfully say after the Halloween and Thanksgiving armatar contests, that you guys like these contests! So of course we need one for the winter holiday season. This is not going to be restricted towards Christmas. Entries for other winter holiday celebrations are also encouraged! So if you celebrate Yule, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc., or just like snow, feel free to submit an armatar about it so long as it fits the winter holiday theme. This has a wide range of possibilities!

I know this is opening up a bit earlier than the other contests have, but I know people have started making them already. So they might not be posted as soon as they are submitted, but this is a place where you can post them and have them organized.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be winter holiday themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)

• 261 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

hm idk im lazy lol.
Mine probably wont win anyway.

You can't win. It becomes an armatar or doesn't.

I will submit one this weekend.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

What's the difference between original paint, and MS Paint?

Stupiderer Statement: Aren't they the same thing?
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

If you just say paint people might think you used actual paint. So it's better to call it MS Paint.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I use the Run command, so yeah... mspaint is the name of "Paint" in the system32 folder. It's heck of a lot faster using run command than the mouse. You can even use it to visit websites. Just hit the window key + R and type in a URL and it will open up the site in your default browser. I open armorgames like that sometimes, too.

If you just say paint people might think you used actual paint. So it's better to call it MS Paint.

lol, ploquie?

What do you people use to draw your pictures?

GIMP
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Santa's coming to Armor Games! So you better be nice!

200px
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo158/Binary_Illusion/santa1.jpg

100px
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo158/Binary_Illusion/santa2.jpg

Hope you all enjoy
~Binary Illusion

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Binary!
That one is great!
It doesn't make a lot of sense though! XD
Well, i hope it gets added.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I love yours Binary, it's so colorful!!!!

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

oh here are some tricks I found [url=http://http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/tutorial/mspaint]

Kaany
Kaany
38 posts
Nomad

Binary it must be added!

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Thanks guys.

Binary!
That one is great!
It doesn't make a lot of sense though! XD
Well, i hope it gets added.

Well I was going to have santa sit on a raindeer, but I'm not that good with the anatomy of animals. So santa is skydiving to your house this year :P

Just in case anyone asks...
I use Photoshop. And I used AI to make the snowflakesm and added an outer glow to them.

~Binary
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Thats amazing Binary I might use taht one if there aren't any better ones =) Really good job!

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

That was an excellent job Binary

When you'res gets added (i am willing to bet money it will), i am so going to use it

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Did anyone even see mine???

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I have seen yours Ogt2, and it's great. Just don't keep telling us about it, because it's probably spam.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

When will these get put up...because Christmas is almost a week away...

KingRyan

Showing 106-120 of 261