ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWinter Holiday Armatar Contest

261 53632
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Well, I think we can successfully say after the Halloween and Thanksgiving armatar contests, that you guys like these contests! So of course we need one for the winter holiday season. This is not going to be restricted towards Christmas. Entries for other winter holiday celebrations are also encouraged! So if you celebrate Yule, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc., or just like snow, feel free to submit an armatar about it so long as it fits the winter holiday theme. This has a wide range of possibilities!

I know this is opening up a bit earlier than the other contests have, but I know people have started making them already. So they might not be posted as soon as they are submitted, but this is a place where you can post them and have them organized.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be winter holiday themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)

• 261 Replies
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

when can we use them?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

When Carlie magically has all the time in the world to do everything she wants. It's a holiday miracle!

I'd guess sometime soon or around the 17th in time for 22nd, 25th and 26th. It's usually within a week of the holiday, isn't it? I wonder if it'll extend to New Year's.

Just kick back, relax, and wait. It's cool AG has someone like Carlie. And could we just say that the 19th is Carlie Appreciation Day?

warfreshy
warfreshy
7 posts
Nomad

Nice Armatars ^_^

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

19th is carlie appreciation day? yea! gr8 idea gantic

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Lol, we don't need a Carlie Appreciation Day ^_^ Thanks for the sentiment though.

I am going to start uploading some of the armatars. So keep an eye out for them! =) And remember, submissions are still welcome!

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

How come you didn't upload my Chuck Norris armatar? That makes me very, very sad. You shall not get Carlie Appreciation Day!!!!

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I'm so glad the armatars are up! I love them!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

yays 4 abdominable snowman

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

How come you didn't upload my Chuck Norris armatar?

I liked the idea, it just needs to be cleaned up a little. I am sure with a little more work it will make it up ;-)
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I am sure with a little more work it will make it up ;-)

Ewwww work.

Bad stuff right there.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'm so glad the armatars are up! I love them!

I love the gingerbread man!

Love is a bitten gingerbread man? Seems rather... poetic?

I thought there would be more entries than this. Is anyone still making more (except for plokkey)?
KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

I love these armatars they are really cool.
I would have done one of the bitten cookie series but this one caught my eye, because it's very mysterious/evil =]. BTW, who made mine, I want to thank them.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I thought there would be more entries than this. Is anyone still making more

Everyone is welcome to make more! Submissions will be considered for about another week =)
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i like the santa under the tree

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

A lot of variety here.
Very colourful, too...

Showing 121-135 of 261