ForumsSupport ForumProfile Comments

11 4787
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I've been seeing more and more people use their profiles like and instant messenger with asinine conversations that rack up tons and tons of points for them. I just really don't think asking someone how their day is going is worth 2 points...

• 11 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

I so agree with this. Even though I've rank up a lot through talking, I've always had that thought in the back of my mind. I seriously think that posting on people's profiles should be awarded with no points or at least make it 1 point because it makes it a lot more fair.

royandgrand
royandgrand
105 posts
Shepherd

i agree with u guys i hate to say it becuse i do get some points from it but i think it should at least be 1 point not 2.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,005 posts
Shepherd

Very much agreed on this. In fact I've just emailed Dan about it. I really wish our moderating tools were upgraded already so I could mass delete comments.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,677 posts
Jester

...you get points for doing that? What the hell? I never knew that, and I think I knew a decent amount. That would explain why some of these kids have so many points.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,005 posts
Shepherd

Yep, I won't mention specific users, but they will go back and forth on their profiles. They've racked up hundreds of APs a day. Then us weirdos in our one corner of the forum don't care about ranking on the board but suffer the spam.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,677 posts
Jester

Yeah, exactly. I am here more for the people than the points.
I have seen it several times, and just could not figure it out. Now I know!

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,273 posts
Jester

Wiat what??????

I never knew you get points by commenting in profiles..... And I don't ask about there day because its not like I "really" know them so... I just talk about points but I mean theres MSN and stuff for chatting... ( Im such a NOOB )

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,005 posts
Shepherd

I think all profile comments should be 0 points. Honestly, forum posts should've been 2 because it is RARE to see spam in the forums, and when it happens me, Carlie or Dank are on top of it quickly.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I would agree with that Asherlee. We definitely see more constructive posts in the forums than we do in profile comments. So it would make sense that forum posts would count for more, if not the same amount at least.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,677 posts
Jester

More constructive? Oh yes. More creative? Eh, that is up for debate. Personally, I know I can cut the proverbial rug with my comments since I have no real guidelines or conversation to adhere to.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

But I am afraid that if we raised forum posts, then more people who just want points will filter in here. The we won't get as good of conversations as we do.

Showing 1-11 of 11