ForumsWEPRhaloween... against catholics?

28 5527
Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

although most of u will say thgis is not true including me... some people think it is. I have a really religous aunt and she doesnt let my cousins (who arelik2 and 5) trick or treat. They say its the devils holiday...

• 28 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

All Hallows Eve (Halloween) was another holiday that was converted into a Roman Catholic Holiday in order to try to convert &quotagans," just like Christmas and Easter. The tradition is very long standing, and I don't know the exact origins (although I'm sure Google does) but I can certainly understand an argument that dressing up and going around getting candy is celebrating the original intentions of the pagan holiday.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

Yah, I think it was about standing up and not being afraid of evil spirits.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Now, all it is about is getting candy! So whatever it used to be about in the past is not what it is about now. Its just fun to dress up and eat lots of sugar

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

LOL agreed lol^^^^^^^^

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

more candy for me!

Grantius
Grantius
45 posts
Nomad

Okay... Uh, WizardInBlack, that comment pretty much out of line.

About Halloween, I say it's a pretty harmless holiday. Fun to dress up, fun to hang out with your friend, fun to go to parties, fun to get lots of free candy. I think that there really isn't anything to be afraid of in all of that. Unless you're doing some freaky ritualistic thing instead of just having a good time like everybody else.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I like halloween, main reason is. . .I do it simply so I can get inspiration for my drawings seing all the little impish cotumes and etc. I am a artist and aeithiest and I also think that the halloween is not the "devils holiday" but to live life as another and have a good time while doing so. I also have known of a tradition inside a neighboorhood of mine that people actually celebrated by acting like somewone else for a day during day and night. I found it fun and utterly enjoyable. Halloween is just another way to express yourself in a manor that people should understand. Not a act against christ but just to be somewone else for once and try to feel like being another instead of yourself every day. I am pretty sure that somewone in this forum could each say that at one time in their life they did want to be somewone or something else, weather it be an animal or an impish thing. Our people of today just kind of go for it for the candy, not to celebrate a fallen narsacist angel. (all christians do not take that last sentence offensivly, it is my opinion and I'm sticking to it)

Skidzy
Skidzy
35 posts
Nomad

i think hallowe'en came about during the period where puritans we're fleeing england to avoid religious persecution. and i believe that is why witches are associated with hallowe'en.

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

well my aunts a little over the edge with religion but i thought it would be interesting to see a debate about something we all have different theories about... u get wat i mean

unit292
unit292
23 posts
Nomad

i dont care if they get candy or not

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

kyle go away this is MY forum and im still not telling u how 2 start a topic

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

i grew up in a crhistian home, and my parents didnt exactly like halloween

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I am very religious and I don't really believe in halloween being the "Devil's Holliday." I think it has grown more into a candy raid these days. I would also like to tell everyone to be respectful to everyone's beliefs and religions. A comment on the first page was not neccessary.

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

yes wuzird in black sed a very rude comment on a very clean good page

omghurricanez
omghurricanez
1 posts
Nomad

i ate 3 bags full

Showing 1-15 of 28