ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPresidental Campaigns 2009: ArmorLand

233 37838
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/sidkun/armorland.png
Hello! And welcome to the elections of 2009, Armorland!
In this competition/tournament, the point is to convince the most possible audience and judges (me), to vote for them! How? Well that is the challenge! Use art, make posters, badges, make poems, stories, speeches, do whatever it takes (as long as you follow the Armorland rules) to be the next pretendesident of Armorland!

This is how it works:
There will be different rounds. Each round lasts a couple of days/weeks. This rounds consist making speeches, shows, marches, whatever it takes too complete the challenge! You can use yourself as a candidate or one of your characters.

Rules:
Use only your own content. Be appropriate, and don't flame, spam anything. Don't use actual political campaigns/sides, to evade discussions and offense. Follow the Armorgame rules. Be cool.

The First Round:
The first round is simple, just post a short description of your character/persona/whatever, and post a picture (not needed, but preferred). Be ready to accept the rules and realize that you will have to complete small challenges, containing art/writing, speeches, and answering questions, for example. Eventually the people votes will be important - but also the judges (who is currently just me, but I will add more later if I can), who are the most important part (to keep it fair). Go nuts.

• 233 Replies
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

'tuna has a magic hand? OMG! Iz amz gonza votinz 4 UEZ?!?!?!?! Wait.... Never mind, I am also running for someone. Time ta slander!

Ubertuna slaps butts with his magic pimp hand. Don't vote for a pimp, vote for a leader. Phil! Phil! Phil!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Propoganda even in the earliest phases of the election. *sigh*

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Breaking News

Ubertuna's Magyk Hande is actually using evil red duck magic.Here is a photo as proof.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/evilhand-1.png

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

I'm going to wait one more day. Tomorrow, 9th Jan it will start. Not so sure when. Maybe I can get some mod to change the title 8D? Okay, no. But anyway, the first round starts tomorrow, and people can still join until the 11th, so there is still some time, lurkers!

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

THE FIRST CHALLENGE

The candidates will be given a new challenge every week or so. Every time they complete a challenge, it will give them extra points, from the judge. This will help a lot in the ending elections.

Challenge 1: Speech.
You have to give a speech to the public. Introduce yourself, make some promises, tell them what you plan to do and such. Donât use obscene material, donât offend any races, and donât steal material from any person, candidate or anyone. Subtle quotes are okay, as long as you give credit and present them nicely. Remember that this isnât supposed to be a clone of actual elections, the point is to use your creativity to make a good and clever speech. Make people vote for you, and you canât count on online killing! This isnât the only speech there will be, so you might want to save some stuff for later! It's supposed to be a short entry speech. About 10 lines or such. Good luck!

I won't be on until tomorrow, I'm busy, sorry.

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Wait, that wasn't supposed to happen.
Anyway, the first three words are don't
the fourth is isn't
the fifth is cannot
and the last one is isn't.
sorry.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,so I promise that if elected that I shall put forth a decree to hire more moderators(or just recruit them) to help control the site,and put forth that any good suggestions be implemented as soon as possible.On top of that I shall give a very nice picture to the community of a particular character if they elect me.These are by far not the only things I plan on doing,but only the first in what may become a long list of things I wish to accomplish as president of AG.Thank You for your time,and come election day Vote for CrimsonBlade55

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/SealofApproval-1.jpg

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

*ahem*
I wish a good day to all ArmorGamsians, and to my fellow candidates. Let me start by introducing myself. I am the Magyk Hande, the physical manifestation of the higher being know as "ubertuna" here on the mortal coil. I am here to speak on his behalf. ubertuna is running on the Magyk & Mysticism platform, and I will now give a brief overview of what that entails. If elected, we will provide increased funding to the research of the arcane and metaphysical. We will focus our energies on harnessing the mystical power of the interwebs and using it to create a cleaner, more efficient world for us to post in. We would abolish the barbaric circle of rouge spam hunters (I believe they call themselves "the moderators&quot and implement more efficient, lower maintenance anti-spam banning spells, with human overseers. Citizens, what my master is proposing is this: Utopia. A gleaming white forum that has the ability to care for itself. A clean new world for us to enjoy our lives within. With your help, I am sure that we will be able to make this dream a reality. Thank you for your time.

As to the slander that has been thrown about by some of my more immature rivals, I only have this to say. ubertuna denies all accusations, and will not stand idly by as his avatar is made impure by these claims. If such behavior continues, you will be hearing from his mystics.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

"These opponents in election would all be worthy of the title. Sadly only one can become the president. What all should remember is that the title come with responsibility, but not necessarily power.
With that aside, I will introduce myself. Usually an artist here in this section, I know the artistic side of our community, and the misunderstandings from the other sections. People seem to ignore the definitions of the section, and with that, troubling the users and the moderators. It have come so far that even moderators have become confused, moving the threads to another wrong section.
I am also a part of the site discussions, often found in the world section, or the tavern, sitting in the corners and listening to the more excited part of the population.
What concerns me, and certainly all the others too, is the spammers. Not only in the forum, but in the games too. The place where people seek to judge the fun is the problem. It is way too easy to spam there, gaining points which they did not earn. There have been many suggestions, but not any usable in the long run, which makes me believe that the only way is to widen our staff of moderators, and give penalties for excessive spamming in the games.
Another problem is the lack of an edit button, and possibly a delete button for the regular users. I know at least Carlie have been concerned that this will make it easier for the spammers to get pass the moderators, but all users of computer have the power of screen capturing.

I wish for one thing to become reality, though. The ability to give good citizens points for making their points in the discussions. This would give both moderators and a selected few points, and this would, if not stop spam, then encourage non-spammers to make better threads and posts.
This is my vision for the future.
Good luck, my friends."

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Challenge 1: Speech.
You have to give a speech to the public. Introduce yourself, make some promises, tell them what you plan to do and such. Don�t use obscene material, don�t offend any races, and don�t steal material from any person, candidate or anyone. Subtle quotes are okay, as long as you give credit and present them nicely. Remember that this isn�t supposed to be a clone of actual elections, the point is to use your creativity to make a good and clever speech. Make people vote for you, and you can�t count on online killing! This isn�t the only speech there will be, so you might want to save some stuff for later! It's supposed to be a short entry speech. About 10 lines or such. Good luck!

Am i allowed to plead the fifth?
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry? I don't get what you mean :c

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

He wants to know if he can refuse to make a speech.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I was just joking =D

[southernaccent]MY fellow Armorgamians, i want to be you're next Dicta---President.

In my power i promise i will send more time and research into systems that will make the site quicker, more efficient, glitch free, and sexy. I will invest time into systems that will prevent spam. I will assign to people to browse the Support And Suggestions forums to make sure that all the good ideas that are overlooked daily are reported to me, so this site can be improved.

I will increase the amount of points received for forums posts, as they are more deserving.

I will create special mods for the sole purpose of scanning the site and deleting ghost accounts.

I will improve the store and fill it with greats products.

And that, my good firends, is why i want to be you're next President.[/southernaccent]

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I got an idea from a duude named Esuna2400 :3
Don't know the hell it is but I like it
Presenting!
http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?kdbzah1knjdo
Click it!
The Vace!
It's pretty and horrid, mystery as well
Vote or it will unleash!

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Your in Danstanta, last day! The deadline for the speech is 13th of January, since it's so short.

Showing 61-75 of 233