ForumsForum GamesEliminated

92 15651
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is a new forum game created by an evil masterm -- well, he's just evil -- based on logic. There are X amount of players and X + 1 amount of objects. All of the players have been locked in the same room in a giant dungeon by the, uh, evil guy and secretly assigned one of the objects. Each player is supposed to guess what object was assigned to which person. However, each player is only given X - 1 guesses and furthermore, no one knows what they were assigned.

A player may only make one guess per round. At the end of each round the evil guy will post the results of the round. If a player guesses another player's object correctly, then that player (the one who had his objected guessed correctly by another player) is exe-- eliminated. Each round lasts up to a week. If a player has not made a guess before the end of the round, that player is eliminated. If all guess have been made before the end of a week's time, the round will be over and a new one begun. This continues until there is only one player left and that player is set free from the dungeon. If all of the rounds are completed but more than one player is left, everyone is eliminated. If everyone is eliminated, the evil guy wins.

All of the objects will be listed for all the players to see. Additionally, there will be X amount of clues, except that each clue is cut in half, leaving 2X half-clues that everyone can see. Players may work together.

For example, if there are 12 players, then there are 13 objects, 11 guesses each, 24 clue-halves, and up to 11 rounds.

Anyone interested?

• 92 Replies
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

The clues given are only half clues. Meaning 'users with the letter 'e' goes with another piece.

Example: [Only users with the letter 'e']+[like to be around mammals]

I think that's what your asking.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Ok, so I could guess myself for that, with a symbiotic insect for the object choice.

I get it.

I'll wait for a bit before I guess.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The (easier) clues should make sense. All animals referenced in the clues are the objects. You just match up one of the first nine with one from the last nine. Some will be easier to match up than others (make more sense), but a little guessing is still needed. Some will be easier to understand once solved than others. They should make sense.

I've still got four more clue parts to be released, and those clues might make it a little easier or harder.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Ok, Rubbery Chicken is the Fox?

Yeah, I failed I bet.

If someone loses due to inactivity, is their object revealed?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'll confirm answers at the end of the round.

If someone loses due to inactivity, is their object revealed?

Yeah, most likely, but I will not reveal it if two people guess two different objects for the same person and that person is eliminated.
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Hey, Gantique, you aren't playing right? I just want to verify.

Could you post the contestants list, please?

(I just realized that I spelled your name as it was in the noob comic. Oh well, I won't change it.)

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

He can't play, thats cheating D:

Gantique.. luls. Contestants are:
slliM
Pedspog
d_dude
plokkey
RubberyChicken
destinydude
RugganBor
FallenSky
Destor
animorpherv1
xMinato

It's on page two.

Also, maybe keep all your guesses on one post so it will be easier to keep track.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

One guess per round. Unless we could edit, I can't do that.

Thanks for the list!

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Yeah, disregard that last part in my last post. I misread the instructions. XD

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

so i just say an animal and hope an opponent haves it?

Yep. Just say the opponents name and the animal you think your opponent has.

I'm going to have to throw out a clue after reviewing my notes to be fair. There will still be 11 clues and I've replaced the one I threw out. The new clue is different. Both parts are the same clue.

Destor, you may redo your guess if you made any inferences using the clue parts "Four participants" or "don't have matching letters with their objects". This was incorrect. Sorry about that.

Updated clue list:

All insects
All insects
All mammals
Double letters
First letters
Mammalian carnivores
No mammalian herbivores
Only users with the letter "e"
are in use
belong to multisyllabic names
don't double up
double up
like to be around carnivores
like to be around mammals
should be with Caps
will have a carnivorous object

NEW CLUE:
BIO HNLZAAOE ZH BIO SCET SKYOGB BIJB ZH CSB SQCOP KT JCT SV BIO DJABZGZDJCBH.

T = Y
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

May I join?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Oh crap! At first you said the 31st but oh well.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

That would also mean Y=T?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Just got the new clue

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken