The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWere can i download music for free?

30 5766
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Well basicly i wanna download music for free but i have no clue were to find a site were i don't have to pay like $20 a month to get music so basicly my question.
Were can i get music for FREE

• 30 Replies
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

um, well, that is actually illegal, no matter where you go.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Your Library, you can borrow CD there, or if your library have something like Netmusic.
Downloading random stuff on the internet is illegal (as Ruggan said), unless the artist has given permission for the free download, which some have. You would be able to find their music on their websites.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

i found some websites before where you search for music and it gives you the mp3, also there's one that doesn't give you it but lets you listen to is playlist.com

limewire is a program you can dl (download)

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

um, well, that is actually illegal, no matter where you go.

Really? Well i went to eztracks.com made a account for free ad downloaded some music but it wasn't from the exact artist it was from some guy named countdown idk but thanks i was just wondering.
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

Yeah, couple people have been sued, but who knows.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Well as they said, limewire works, and isn't illegal. Though I would advise you get a good virus protecter. I use a site called beemp3.com but there are tons of other sites that let you download for free and are legal.

Yes, while getting music online can be illegal most are not. They are music files that have been paid for by either i-tunes, or off of a cd. Then they were simply uploaded, and shared. So since they were paid for, and that person is allowing you to use them it is legal.

eztracks.com

I have heard of that, heard about that guy. They said he like ripped peoples music and tryed to do it him self. I allso heard some viruses live there so proceed with caution.

Allright, thats all i gotta say. tootles.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Actually, Skater, taking music from a CD and share it on the internet, or buy a file and share that is illegal as well.
Copyright rules are broken by sharing music that way, just like it is illegal to burn a CD for a friend (on the other hand, I think burrowing the CD from your friend and copy it yourself is legal, but I have a hunch that that rule have been fixed).

kingmike123
kingmike123
383 posts
Peasant

dude go to limewire its awesome

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Don't be that guy, Russianfreak. Artists work hard for their money. Just pay for it.

Copyright rules are broken by sharing music that way, just like it is illegal to burn a CD for a friend (on the other hand, I think burrowing the CD from your friend and copy it yourself is legal, but I have a hunch that that rule have been fixed).

So long as you purchase the material first, it is perfectly legal to burn copies of the CD, so long as you are not selling them for profit, or making profit off of the process in any other manner.
hailman670
hailman670
359 posts
Nomad

well i wouldsay limewire lyk all else. with limewire you can get a free virsion and one were u pay. they are the same except the payable one is a bit faster but u pay monnthly. when searching for lime wire look for the logo, a lime(half) because wen i did it came up with other searches aswell. ones were u had to give ur creditcard and stuff. but wen u find the right one wazzah you can get free tracks that other ppl have hosted.(always look for the track with the most amount of hosts) good luck!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Limewire is the BEST source I know of. Just google "Limewire", download it, install and you are ready to go.

Or go here - [url]http://www.limewire.com/[/url]

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Emule or dreamule.

My mate uses dreamule cuz it's easier to use plus it's faster.

zachattacksox
zachattacksox
279 posts
Nomad

Legally? Nowhere because of copyright laws.

Bugsy77
Bugsy77
65 posts
Nomad

One of my friends is a lawyer and he says this is illegal...like limewire, Ares, Bearshare its all illegal apparently ??

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

limewire is illegal and u can get arrested for it

Showing 1-15 of 30