The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSamurai, Ninjas, or Pirates?

398 64164
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Following some debating between Ninjas and pirates, I've added a new contestant to the debate. Do you like samurais better, ninjas better, or pirates better? Remember that they are mostly disbanded and gone now, but let's say if you were to join one of the classes, which would you join?

Pirates - Uh, probably never
Ninja - Very cunning, stealthy and proud. Love to be one of those.
Samurai - They look awesome! Wouldn't mind being this one either.

• 398 Replies
KrazyCaroline
KrazyCaroline
70 posts
Nomad

imagine 100 pirates vs one ninja.
CHOP SUEY. thats all i have to say.
heads will roll thats for sure

So your saying the ninja would win
KrazyCaroline
KrazyCaroline
70 posts
Nomad

fritz u remind me of a pirate

STUPID, ANGRY, AND DRUNK!

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

@KrazyCaroline, it's quite rude to point out people's flaws when you don't know another person's customs or traditions.

So to reply to your post, I don't even match any of your replies saying that's what I'm. It's in poor taste mate, very poor.

Garrr!!!

KoolFace
KoolFace
359 posts
Nomad

I am the best.

Putting aside that..just imagine if a ninja chick a a pirate had teh babyz..it would have the fighting spirit an personallity of a pirate an the skills of a ninja. ....Did that just blow your mind?
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Eddie i disagree

no I'm not just going to post that.

Many pirates were not just the mangy sea dogs you see popularised in the media. Blackbeard is the archetypal pirate. He wove fuses into his beard to intimidate the enemy. But their are no accounts of him killing anyone (ninja and samurais on the other hand ). He used intimidation rather than violence.

Henry Morgan was a famous pirate who had great success against the Spanish, capturing Panama from them. He out manouvered the SPanish soldiers using better tactics. He was knighted and made a governot of Jamaica.

KrazyCaroline
KrazyCaroline
70 posts
Nomad

WOW KOOLFACE

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWNNNN

Taylan
Taylan
53 posts
Nomad

While Samurai would probably my personal preferance, say in an RPG or something, i actually respect them all.

Pirates arent much of a part of my interests, but ive heard they were the first to use democracy in Europe. Seriously.
And while you may think of them as outlaw... I dont have much of a clue but im sure there were some badass, intelligent ones. Robin Hood style maybe? =P

Ninja have been mocked to hell by Holywood and some anime. What %90 of people think of when hearing ninja, has absolutely nothing to do with real ninja.
Got to admit that ive just read about them a bit from an extremely simple historic kinda book, actually more about samurai. But thats at least any correct info at all.
What ive read is that they were really awesomely skilled assassinators. Very concentrated, perfect strategy and planning. No they didnt use fancy ninja-to or shuriken, but some rather interesting devices indeed.
Well whatever. After all, knowing more or less how real ninja used to be, i admire their arts of assassinating and awesome skills of evasive tactics and such.

The samurai havent been affected by holywood as much as ninja, thats for sure. But they have been affected, notheless.
Where i got my information is again, just some Wikipedia reading and such.
First of all they had perfect discipline. They mastered the use of several weapons to be used in a war and were really skilled fighters.
(There, of course, may have been some not-so-great ones but just think of it as European knights, ok? Its basically the same with some different disciplines and a different art of warfare.)

I just love the style of Japanese medieval weapons actually...
And i should really read a lot more about my own culture. Like, how did the Ottoman Empire pawn so much for about 500 years?..

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

Koolface, pirates and ninjas weren't even in the same time period or even came in contact with each other. So how could they have kids together then?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Fritz, have you ever heard of imagination?
But heck, Pirates didn't need much fighting training back then because they mostly stole from merchant ships.
They would beat both the samurai and ninja at long-range combat, but against close they wouldn't stand a chance..

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

Now let me ask you a question, Samurai, Ninja or Pirate? Just answer on of three, and you will be free, from the lands of the hate and open heaven's gate and the world's Peace will be yours.

That would be a proper awesome opening post, shame you didn't think of that. Anyway back to thee topic. I'd like the second one please.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The mutiny on the bounty is worth a mention I think,

After they took over the mutineers went to the Pitcairn Islands.,After settling they became the first "British" place ti implement compulsory schooling for boys and girls. They also gave equal rights to women 90 years early. They were much more civilised in fact than most other countries in the world.

http://miwiki.net/images/Insult.jpg

^ pirates some fight like dairy farmers.

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

That is a pretty awesome opening line Matty360!

But Pirates are still better! Shiver me timbers!!!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Who knew all pirates really talked?
Samurais talked seldom...
Ninjas barely ever talked...

Hmm, nice entrance Matty but I don't have as much imagination as you.

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

Thanks Firetail and Fritz, I just made it up while talking to a school frinds on MSN, she doesn't have an AG account so I asked her that question because I saw this thread. =P

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

Ah, well it was in very good taste and has quite a nice spin to it!

Showing 61-75 of 398