ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 146209
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Uhm, alt, did you actually follow the link I posted?

I refrain from forming an opinion about the use of hash as a drug, but that paper could be made from it... That's really something. Think about how much paper we use. Think of all the trees we cut down to make that paper.
More paper could be made from the hash plant, and that would put less of a strain on the forests...

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

More paper could be made from the hash plant, and that would put less of a strain on the forests...

Interesting that hemp has a higher quality fibre than wood for making paper, although it would be very difficult to totallly today's paper with hemp paper due to economies of scale.
IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

Well i dont know.....when i watch deauce bigalow eaurpean gigolo the drugs of marijuana in holland legal but not if your comprimised,mirijuana is made of indian leaves

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

@Zoph, yes I followed the link. I personally agree with what the source said, because hemp does have practical and medical uses. Also, I found the fact that the active agent in it relieves asthma, which is reason enough for me to advocate it.

caucasiafro
caucasiafro
338 posts
Nomad

I cant believe how stupid people who say legalization of cannabis is a bad this, I mean there plenty of debates where both sides have good information and good ideas but it seems like the people who say legalizing cannabis a just stupid.
I mean doctors getting high before to perform surgery? THATâS JUST STUPID. Youâre act like making something legal means everyone can use it whenever they want. Its like thinking because alcohol is legal everyone would be drunk all the time and no one would work because they would rather drink. STUPID
With cannabis illegal now a fucking ten-year-old could get it if they really wanted because a dealer would sell it to them. But if it is made legal there will be an age limit maybe 21 or something so the person selling it will have to see your ID.
I guess when people are losing a debate they get desperate and pull shit out of their ass and call it facts.

Sorry about all the swears.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

With cannabis illegal now a ****ing ten-year-old could get it if they really wanted because a dealer would sell it to them. But if it is made legal there will be an age limit maybe 21 or something so the person selling it will have to see your ID.

well 10 yr olds can get alcohol and cigarettes most of the time they don't card or care who they're selling to. Making it legal won't stop it being sold to 10 yr olds it would probably make it more prevalent. Right now you can't just go to any gas station and get weed if its made legal then it would be more available to people. Making marijuana legal won't eliminate the illegal sale of it
wooters
wooters
185 posts
Nomad

It would if you sold it at a place with the security of the treasury.
well it would make it hard to steel it and sell to minors.

Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

Do you realize how much worse smoking pot is than smoking tobacco? Not only does it affect your brain thus resulting in a possible drop in your IQ score, but it causes dilutions, paranoia, and unless the government regulates it, it can be laced with absolutely anything.
Do you realize how much worse smoking pot is than smoking tobacco? Not only does it affect your brain thus resulting in a possible drop in your IQ score, but it causes dilutions, paranoia, and unless the government regulates it, it can be laced with absolutely anything.

caucasiafro
caucasiafro
338 posts
Nomad

I know people of got straight A's when they were in collage, they were smoking at the same time.
And did you know that tobacco pretty much WILL kill you if you smoke often.
While now you know...

By the way marijuana DOES NOT KILL BRAIN CELLS
here are two links which support this they also talk about a bunch of other things (I hope the link thing worked if not just copy and paste them).

[url=http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/mj-health-mythology.html]

[url=http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/]

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

well 10 yr olds can get alcohol and cigarettes most of the time they don't card or care who they're selling to.

You kidding me?!?

The people who sell cigarettes and alcohol aren't stupid. Lets take your local gas station for an example. Anyone trying to buy alchohol or cigs will get carded if they don't look like they are an old man. I go to restaurants with my brother sometimes, he is 27, most of the time he gets carded if he is buying a beer or something just because he has a younger looking face.

My point being, they ALWAYS card you, especially if you don't look like an old man. Why do they always card you? because they don't want a lawsuit on their hands.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

My point being, they ALWAYS card you, especially if you don't look like an old man. Why do they always card you? because they don't want a lawsuit on their hands.

Yeah, that and they can lose their licenses to distribute. Alcohol and tobacco are HUGE sources of income for gas stations and the like, where minors are most likely to go to for such items.
Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

The people who sell cigarettes and alcohol aren't stupid. Lets take your local gas station for an example. Anyone trying to buy alchohol or cigs will get carded if they don't look like they are an old man.

bull i was buyin cigs at gas stations when i was 15 they rarely ever carded me
caucasiafro
caucasiafro
338 posts
Nomad

How long ago was that though?
They didnt REALLY start carding until about a decade or so ago.

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

My firned just got arrested for possesion of pot...sad...he was only 15...

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Well, look here....ITS USED FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES

Showing 61-75 of 794