ForumsWEPRDoes anyone not believe in God?

69 10416
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

I mean this in the most unoffensive way possible. while i will speak my mind, I do have utmost respect for anyone and everyone and their beliefs and religion, and I do not mean to upset you in any way possible.
However, I will say that I do not believe in god or really any religion at that. I do not believe that God or a superior entity created all things. I do not believe that God answers prayers to those who worship them. If you think about it, one average and normal person may be praying somewhere in the United States in the hopes that God will give do them a service in some form or another and that it gets done somehow. However, what about the hundreds of young children in the Middle East who happen to be starving at that same moment? Aren't they praying too? So why is it that one average worshipper is done their service and hundreds more innocent and far humbler children starve to death because they were not done theirs? I simply cannot see the logic in this outcome, which happens everyday. Could it be that God plays favorites? I shudder at that thought. What happened to we're all created equal? Or maybe were not...

Again, I mean absolutely no disrespect of any kind towards anybody of any religion.

• 69 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Second why would god need to take to form of the most superior being? If god was all powerful he could do anything he wants, right? But of course if he is everything how could he be confined in one being?
It seems infinity defies all logic

not really,because if he is all powerful,then why wouldn't he have the power to confine himself into a single being? Now maybe not a cockroach,but through possibly a human form of himself(I am of course referring to Jesus) so I see it as quite possible.

Any act would be part of god and and act of evil would be part of god. Would that mean that god is evil.

By that logic,the God would also be an act of good,so he would also be good.You my friend have in a way created a paradox.
Mookle
Mookle
25 posts
Nomad

wow, the internet has more atheists than real life >.> (i'm an atheist)

i think anyone should have any religion they choose, but dont look down on other people for being a different religion than themselves. everyone is equal, so long as their moralities are right. (like not killing people)

paintballer222
paintballer222
565 posts
Nomad

I don't look down on other people I just look at them and say they need God and they need to accept him. If you guys don't want to be christians I can't make you but I do no you need God and the only way to get to the Father is through Christ. Have you ever heard of the saying try Jesus if you don't like him the devil will always take you back.

God can take any form of anything he wants to because he's God. If he did come to earth he wouldn't be a shape of an existing animal of thing he would be something else unknown to man kind.

valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

try jesus if you don't like him the devil will always take you back

but what if i don't believe in the devil or hell? how can i go to a place ruled by a person that doesn't necessarily exist? its like saying that the boogey man is gonna come out of your closet and eat you. the devil, god, heaven, hell, the easter bunny, santa claus... they are all just tools of motivation used by parents to get their kids to be good until they have common sense. its only until you get to a mature age that you realize that none of them exist (although it would be disputeable as to weather or not god or the devil exist.)
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

also, god and jesus are not going to save us, nor will the devil and his demonic minions hinder us in our efforts to fix our many global crisises. if they were ever going to help us at some point it should be now. i heard that if this continues, the temperatures just 50 years from now is going to be 120 on average. just image a summer in that year, when the heat is 30-40 degrees hotter. anyway, it seems more like god has blown us off. he never helps us or shows himself. he lets us kill ourselves, destroy our planet, and continue to exploit all the possible methods of self destruction. that's like a parent watching their children fight to the death without doing anything about it.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I don't look down on other people I just look at them and say they need God and they need to accept him. If you guys don't want to be christians I can't make you but I do no you need God and the only way to get to the Father is through Christ. Have you ever heard of the saying try Jesus if you don't like him the devil will always take you back.

The entire concept of hell completely ruins the concept of God as a perfect, infinitely loving father. An infinitely forgiving being wouldn't punish. Think about it. God gives you free will. You can do anything you want to. Except what God doesn't want you to do. If you do things he doesn't want to do, then he sends you to burn in a pit of fire forever. But, if you ask for forgiveness, then he'll forgive you. If something id infinitely forgiving, then you wouldn't need to ask, and the being wouldn't punish you if you didn't. The concept of hell is paradoxical and counter-progressive to the concept of an infinitely loving God.
-------------
God can take any form of anything he wants to because he's God. If he did come to earth he wouldn't be a shape of an existing animal of thing he would be something else unknown to man kind.

One thing that I hate with the heat of the nonexistent flames of hell is when a Christian says something like that. If your God exists, then you have no way of knowing what God would do, because your God would be so infinitely better than you that absolutely anything you would think of would be infinitely inferior to what God would actually do. So, you are wrong.
fourtytwo
fourtytwo
698 posts
Nomad

try Jesus if you don't like him the devil will always take you back.
I don't think that is right. When you accept Jesus the way you are supposed to (you have to mean it), there is no way you will ever go back to the devil. Some people "accept" Jesus and then go back to doing whatever they wanted. I don't think they go to heaven. When they made their commitment, they didn't really take it seriously.

One thing that I hate with the heat of the nonexistent flames of hell is when a Christian says something like that. If your God exists, then you have no way of knowing what God would do, because your God would be so infinitely better than you that absolutely anything you would think of would be infinitely inferior to what God would actually do. So, you are wrong.
I don't totally agree with you here...you can know what God's will is. You can also know what His plan is. Yes, "will" and &quotlan" mean two different things. God's will is difficult to explain. His plan...go read Revelations. The one thing you can't know is when He will do things.
Yakooza99K
Yakooza99K
588 posts
Nomad

God is real because the bible says hes real and the bible is right because God says its right and God is real because the bible says hes real and the bible is right because God says its right and God is real because the bible says hes real and the bible is right because God says its right and God is real because the bible says hes real and the bible is right because God says its right and God is real because the bible says hes real and the bible is right because God says its right and God is real because the bible says hes real and the bible is right because God says its right and God is real because the bible says hes real and the bible is right because God says its right and God is real because the bible says hes real...

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I don't totally agree with you here...you can know what God's will is. You can also know what His plan is. Yes, "will" and &quotlan" mean two different things. God's will is difficult to explain. His plan...go read Revelations. The one thing you can't know is when He will do things.

I mean circumstantially. Isn't it crazy that a human would be able to make the same decisions as God? You would have a very vague idea, but even thinking that you would have the intellect to make on-the-fly decisions as well as God is a bit crazy. I say, that if the Bible is right, then you guys have no way of knowing anything that God will do that is not outlined in the Bible. That just seems a bit. . .crazy. Does it not?
BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

I mean circumstantially. Isn't it crazy that a human would be able to make the same decisions as God?

You're right about that. We don't know what God will do. We do know (or believe, whatever you prefer) that God will end the world one day with apocalypse, and then He will judge all souls that day.
I say, that if the Bible is right, then you guys have no way of knowing anything that God will do that is not outlined in the Bible.

You'd be surprised how many situations the Bible can be applied to. Besides, I do what I believe God wants because I believe in a god I respect.
thebuzzer94
thebuzzer94
10 posts
Nomad

i dont think god is real how can he be

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

it wasn't to you the post above me got deleted saying plainly God doesn't exist

And you have evidence....?
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

i dont think god is real how can he be

Care to expound a little?
paintballer222
paintballer222
565 posts
Nomad

42 it was justa expression meaning learn about Jesus alittle see what hes like. It's also suppose to mean when you exept Christ it's the best thing that's ever happened so that you woudn't want to go back to your old ways. Basically it's saying God id way better then Satan.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

You'd be surprised how many situations the Bible can be applied to.

That statement is invalid in an argument until we know the exactly correct interpretation of the Bible. Until then, we won't know how many situations the Bible can be correctly applied to.
------------
42 it was justa expression meaning learn about Jesus alittle see what hes like.

The 42 thing was invented by Douglas Adams, an outspoken atheist until his death. Want to take a sail on the failboat? It has a wonderful buffet.
-------------
Besides, I do what I believe God wants because I believe in a god I respect.

But what he said was that God would definitely do something, something not in the Bible, which no human can guess.
Showing 46-60 of 69