ForumsWEPRHave you noticed....

33 9790
Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

That it's ok for Hispanics, African-Americans, Asian, etc; to make racial pride clubs but if Caucasians try to it's regarded as racist?

• 33 Replies
Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

It just makes me mad because I am proud to be white but the only thing people think when they hear those words is 'Nazi nazi nazi nazi' and I'm not a nazi, I've got gypsy blood in me for Christ's sakes.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Well ya but I mean people hear about an all white groupe what comes to there minds.... WELL these guys do...

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

Double standards. It's retarded. Enough said.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Darn, thought this was about making racist remarks. That wasted a good time of my life. ANYWAY

Caucasians are a bit... Large in America. So a racial pride club wouldn't work, and alot of people simply just don't care. The ones that do, aren't considered racist until they do something that is considered racist. Not to go against any white people, but one racial pride group the "KKK" isn't what you'd call really.. Acceptable. If caucasians made a racial pride group in the past, it would probably be based on "Whites on Superior" maybe the thoughts still around.

On the Contrair, Asians+ African Americans are the demeaned races throughout history. Whether you wish to argue on some other accounts in history, Asians and African Americans are demeaned the most. As such, they make these clubs to be proud of who they are, not standing on who's superior.

So, After how much history influences us, I think the fact to see an accepted White Pride group would be hard to see.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Yea Thats what I pretty much wrought but it got taken out mabey because it had the picture of the "kkk" so yeah agree with Blade.

zorvaz
zorvaz
202 posts
Nomad

wot r caucasions?

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I don't want white people to think I'm against them, but because of what we learn throughout our lives we end up developing the reason that either Whites hate all colored people and we need to push back. You don't see many color-mixed communities. So thats what I think on the subject.

Also, Zorvas, Caucasions are people who are, in a respectful and a simple term. White colored on their skin. (I myself forgot the whole origin scientific meaning)

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Minority groups do more to keep discrimination alive than anyone else. The biggest racists I've ever met were black.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Only the children, as far as I'm concerned. Sadly enough, I think that after Blacks were saved, they didn't get enough time to encorporate the fact that funnying around about with being black or white isn't okay. The oldest black that I know who is racial was around 20. So I really don't know. Kinda weird.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Kurgle, do you bring up a good point. But modeled behavior is how the social aspects of our society run. It seems that every time (the word is Anglo, Armed_Blade) white people congregate together to celebrate that race it ends with other people dying. So, it is natural for most to get upset when this occurs. Thus, blame it on past modeled behavior. I know it does create a double standard, but it is not with out good reason.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, plus why do african american people HAVE to have a month dedicated to them, seriously, ok your free, get over it!

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

It's funny that people get upset about African American month, but don't make the connection that every single month (including February) is Caucasian American month.
That being said, the whole "join together because you are of a certain ethnicity" movement is still reducing people to a demographic. If you're black and live in Detroit, do you really have that much in common with another black person in the South, or in California? Of course not!
People are already grouped together in ways that they naturally gravitate towards, and trying to bring together people for no other reason than race is a reduction of someone's &quotersonhood."

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

So are you saying that only people of the same race and area should form pride clubs?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

What I don't see is why blacks (oh, I'm sorry. African Americans. PC bullcrap.) still get offended over things that happened over 100 years ago. YES, there was still racism after slavery, and YES, they had to fight for civil rights, but noone alive today was ever a slave, at least not in this country. States (IE Virginia) apologizing for slavery is stupid, because noone who's alive today owned slaves. That's like saying "Oh, my great-great-great grandfather killed your great-great-great grandfather, I'm sorry! Don't kill me!" even though neither of you have met that relative. Whites are, in my opinion, the most discriminated-against race in the country today.

SnowballFighter
SnowballFighter
133 posts
Nomad

//That it's ok for Hispanics, African-Americans, Asian, etc; to make racial pride clubs but if Caucasians try to it's regarded as racist?//

There's a Mind of Mencia episode where Carlos states the same kind of thing. You should see it.

Showing 1-15 of 33