ForumsThe Tavern[answered] Why is the sky BLUE?

32 5223
MonsterBox
MonsterBox
232 posts
Nomad

Can anyone tell me why the sky is damn blue?!? Why can't it be RED?!? OR PINK?!?!?!??

• 32 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It is red.

Nah, the sky is blue because up there *waves in the general direction of up* blue is the colour that's easiest to reflect. Or something.

I can't remember how it works...

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

Something to do with the light spectrum.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I thought it was reflecting the ocean haha.

afroninja1723
afroninja1723
575 posts
Nomad

[quoteI thought it was reflecting the ocean haha.[/quote]

other way around

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Wait, the sky is blue? Since when?

Nobody tells me nuthin anymore...

CerealkillerX
CerealkillerX
237 posts
Nomad

well its the chemical makeup in the air, plus the lighting that creates the nice blue tint... you know the atmosphere is mainly made from nitrogen (N2)... well it turns out its actually not colourless... its blue!

CerealkillerX
CerealkillerX
237 posts
Nomad

nope that was wrong... its the atmosphere that seperates the light into its true forms(red blue green makes white) the red and green is relected into space... the blue however, is operating on a much higher wavelength... enough to penetrate the atmosphere. the earths magnetic fied has a big role in this one.

same principle in a Blu Ray disc... instead of utilizing a red beam, as the DVD player, it now uses a blue one... the blue has a higher frequency, and is therefore capable of reading smaller data... the disc itself is just a dvd, but with its data more tightly packed... which makes for more space

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Because its like a mirror. It reflects the oceans apperance and thats why its blue. If I'm wrong figure it ou yourself._

Mookle
Mookle
25 posts
Nomad

the sky is light yellowish green D: what planet are you guys from? >.>

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

Its not always blue. It can be red orange yellow purple pink...

heero1991
heero1991
12 posts
Peasant

hahaha!!! you guys never look up, do you? the sky is black! especially when it's night time. Sometimes it's gray when it's rainy and it's yellow when the sun is up!

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

Cause one day the sky was purple and said I hate purple I want to be blue. So it became blue.

The end

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

What a bunch of stupid people we have here.

It's because blue in this set of visible light reflects the sun's light, and that is what we see. Technically, every color in the rainbow is the sky. That's why we see a rainbow when it rains, or there is water, because then all the colors reflect.

~RR~

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

blue is the shortest wavelength so that's the only thing we can see

mwuahahaa for short answers

zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

it has to do with the spectrum of light i believe... and for you who say it reflects the ocean... i believe that it is the other way around

Showing 1-15 of 32