ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2611222
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
kyocat64
kyocat64
657 posts
Nomad

My cousins band won one time!

IAmTheCamel
IAmTheCamel
38 posts
Nomad

gorillaz are the best)

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Blur-- 4
Gorillaz-- 9

Sorry..But BLUR gets my vote.

There is no need for an apology... but I would prefer a reason.

@goumas13 you should look them up mate... their "lead singer" is Damon Albarn (from Blur :P) so they are kinda his solo work
jjwood69
jjwood69
134 posts
Nomad

Blur seems to have more structure to thier main riffs,So that is why I voted for them.

pvilleoaf
pvilleoaf
55 posts
Nomad

Gorillaz gets my vote. Blur is not that bad,I just like more of the Gorillaz's songs.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Blur-- 4
Gorillaz-- 10

Blur seems to have more structure to thier main riffs,So that is why I voted for them.

Thanks.

ok that one is over in almsot a landslide... turns out Albarn was right after all.

Next up is:

The Doors vs. Jefferson Airplane.

Both are giants of the psychedelic/acid rock genres in my opinion and I love both....

Youtube isn't working for me here so if you need examples of songs for each I'm afraid you will have to do it yourself. For people who don't know them much I recomend: Light my Fire, The end, People are Strange and Riders on the Storm for The Doors and Whire Rabbit, Somebody to Love for Jeffeson Airplane.
jjwood69
jjwood69
134 posts
Nomad

OK..So here I am again..Jefferson Airplane was smack dab in the Haight Ashberry scene and the spaceiness of the music showed it. The Doors were educated in thier field and the haunting melodies showed it. So my vote...The Doors

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I heard today some more Gorillaz's songs (I had heard only the song Clint Eastwood) and I have to say that they are quite good, I like them.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

The Doors. Nice sleeping music.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

The Doors. Van Morrison had GREAT lyrics. Although apparently he was a huge a$$ to family and friends.

xxsneaky
xxsneaky
105 posts
Nomad

The doors are my brothers favorite band so id have to say the doors

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Van Morrison had GREAT lyrics.

You mean Jim Morrison.

I vote for Jefferson Airplane/Starship. I find the Doors to be rather overrated. Sure, they have a few great songs, but Starship lasted until the 80's. Can the same be said about the Doors?
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

You mean Jim Morrison.

You're DARN RIGHTS I do xD

Pssssssh, that wasn't THAT bad a mistake. I've only read his entire autobiography...or is it biography? naaaah, HAS to be autobiography.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The Doors

Morrison was just ahead of his time.

Riders on the Storm ftw!

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

The Doors

An awesome band with awesome songs. Jim Morrison was an outstanding vocalist matched only by the smooth and edgy riffs from Robby Krieger. I love Riders On The Storm, Light My Fire, and Alive, She Cried.

Jim Morrison Rock In Peace!

Showing 1996-2010 of 4274