ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610738
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Goggle567, we can't count your vote without a reason.

The current total would be:

Grateful Dead - 8
Phish - 0

had I not voted for Phish. I like more songs by them, but i do like both bands.

So that makes the running total

Grateful Dead - 8
Phish - 1

(had to give the huge underdog some love, lol)

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Gonna go with Phish on this one. They are one of my all time favorite jam bands.

They just have more diversity than Grateful dead, the jams are more surreal and at the same time just have more energy to them. Grateful Dead is an amazing band don't get me wrong, Phish's style is just better.

And to all you people instantly voting Grateful Dead over Phish, you haven't heard enough of Phish's stuff to understand their awesomness, also its probably just because you have heard the name "Greatful Dead" circulating more and you just went with what was familiar.

Very biased battle this one is.

Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Never heard songs by either, but I've heard of the bands. So, in my eyes they are equal.

This means

give the huge underdog some love, lol
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Grateful dead. I like the whole "jam band" thing.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Isn't that 10?
I think Grateful dead already had ten votes.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Grateful dead. I like the whole "jam band" thing.

Alrighty, I really MUST defend my favorite band here because you are all degrading a truly great band.

You sir, obviously haven't heard phish before. phish is a jam band too!

Here are some examples (better than the originally posted, no offense but these three show off the jam better)

Slave To the Traffic Light

Weekapaug Groove

Julius
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Haven't seen you on as much man?

liam99
liam99
16 posts
Nomad

kiss because i havent heard songs of the other

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Wrong bands Liam99.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

The current total is :

Grateful Dead - 9
Phish - 3

Google567, you never gave a reason for your vote, so it wasn't counted.

MarioMario
MarioMario
1,212 posts
Peasant

Google567 give the reason and then Grateful dead wi;; wiin.HURRY!

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

After seeing the outcomes of many, many of these battles, I feel as if "I have never heard of (insert band name here) so I will just vote for (insert other band name here)" or "I definetly love (insert song name here) so I will vote for (insert band name here) should not be counted as valid reasons for a vote. After seeing a lot of these battles, these have become almost all of the reasons that are ever stated. These battles become more of a popularity contest than a contest of the skill, talent, and actual sound of the band.

I think that the arguments should be more about why the person likes the band they chose, what they liked about them, why they like their style etc... and then they should also include in their reason why they don't like the other band, examples could be the guitar style, vocals, etc...

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I like Phish so I will vote for Phish.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

@steevo15 if people voted like that we would be overjoyed but if we discounted votes with shorter reasons we would be discouting about 80% of the votes and the whole thread would grind to a hault. I know when I have been tired and lazy I've been guilty of some of the stuff you mentioned but in my head I probably had additional reasons as I'm sure others do. At the end of the day this is a games site and detailed reasons aren't going to be common.

Naylic
Naylic
63 posts
Nomad

Both of these bands are very good, but i like the grateful dead more. I feel like they have a better range of music and are a little more talented. Plus what other lead gutairist has their own ice cream flavor?

Showing 2236-2250 of 4274