ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610666
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

*taps foot*

DIEING for a new battle xD

I've disliked both of the last two =P

*crosses fingers*

Hope it's good

kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

yea me to

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

if we discounted votes with shorter reasons we would be discouting about 80% of the votes

The reasons don't necessarily need to be longer, just better.

For example, what Naylic just posted was short and concise and explained his vote.

I feel like they have a better range of music and are a little more talented.

He actually mentioned WHY he liked the band, he has obviously listened to both Phish and Grateful Dead because he was able to form opinions on the range of music. Notice he didn't say "I'm just going to vote for Grateful Dead because I have never heard of Phish"

That was my point that I was trying to make, people should have to have a better reason other than "I haven't heard of this band so I am going to vote for the opposite"
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Grateful Dead
The band was known for its unique and eclectic style, which fused elements of rock, folk, bluegrass, blues, reggae, country, jazz, psychedelia, and space rock[2][3]â"and for live performances of long musical improvisation.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Grateful Dead
The band was known for its unique and eclectic style, which fused elements of rock, folk, bluegrass, blues, reggae, country, jazz, psychedelia, and space rock[2][3]â?"and for live performances of long musical improvisation.

Did you really just quote that from wikipedia?
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

The band was known for its unique and eclectic style, which fused elements of rock, folk, bluegrass, blues, reggae, country, jazz, psychedelia, and space rock[2][3]â�"and for live performances of long musical improvisation.

Great, you just described both Phish and Grateful Dead, but how does that show why you like one band over the other?
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Steevo....shut up and vote.

No one cares about how we should go around voting. If they wanna vote, let them vote. Stop caring so much.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I vote for GD because I have listen to quite a few of thier songs and have liked a few.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Grateful Dead - 10
Phish - 3

Well, Im not good at this put whatever. Grateful Dead wins so the next battle will be between Grateful Dead vs Drowning Pool.

johnny294
johnny294
284 posts
Nomad

phish cause i hate grateful dead

MarioMario
MarioMario
1,212 posts
Peasant

Uhm johny just saying Grateful dead just won and phish lost were in a new battle now.k.Now my vote goes to Greadful dead since I've always liked their kind of stlye over drowing pool.As a matter of fact I relly don't like much of drowing pool's songs.

Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Drowning pool. I've only heard a couple of songs, but they're pretty good. They've just got the kind of sound I like.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Grateful Dead - 1
Drowning Pool - 1

Even match. Anybodies game.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Grateful Dead
Mainly because of the way they blend thier instruments, never been a fan of Drowning pool.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Grateful Dead. Grateful Dead has much more technically complicated guitar riffs and licks that are more pleasing to the ear than Drowning Pools chord slamming. I also like Grateful Deads variety over Drowning Pool.

Showing 2251-2265 of 4274