ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610517
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

awseome
Now was that worth posting? Next time you think about spamming a worthless comment at least spell the word right.

I'll wrap this vote up...

I'm going to go with ELO. That band had awesome hits and classic music that can't be beat. Supertramp's style just doesn't seem as exciting as ELO's "funkier" sound.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Supertramp - 7
Electric Light Orchestra - 10

Thankyou Fyrefox.

The Next battle is:

The Killers vs. The Kaiser Chiefs

And yes it is just because these bands name begin with "K".

The Killers are indie/post-punk stuff from Las Vegas and songs include: Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me, Spaceman.

Kaiser Chiefs are a band from Leeds (near me) who do alt/post-punk as well; they are named after the South African football team of the similar name (except the "s" is a "z&quot. Songs include: I Predict a Riot, Everyday I love you less and less, Ruby, Everything is average nowadays. I'm not sure how well known the Kaiser Cheifs are outside of Britain but they're pretty good all the same.

Enjoy.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

The Kaiser Chiefs, I 've heard more of thier music, and think they are the better band in my opinion.

marioman327
marioman327
290 posts
Nomad

I can't stand the kaiser chiefs' sound, but I don't particularly like the killers either. I'll vote killers

SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

The Killers FTW.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

The Killers-2
The Kaiser Chiefs-1
alrighty.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Google *waves fist* if your gonna do the tally's can you do it properly (please)

Silent Q that was an awful vote we need a way better explanation that "FTW" and to be honest marioman32 your answer isn't much better.

The Killers-0
The Kaiser Chiefs-1

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

I vote The Killers. They performed for the queen. That gets my vote.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

That makes the score:

Killers: 2
Kaiser Chiefs: 1

I'll reserve my vote for later as I haven't had time to listen to the videos. I've heard of the Killers, but not of the Chiefs.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The Killers-2
Kaiser Chiefs-2

I'm going to go for the Kaiser chiefs because they have more songs I like and because at parties when Mr. Brightside comes on I die a little inside. Plus they are sorta local.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i i HATE the kieser chiefs wost back up singers ever worst singer ever and terrible song writing im gunna say the killers

Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

I have heared neither bands but I have headred The Killers are mean't to be good so I'm going with The Killers

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I have heard The Killers are mean't to be good

wth?!? who does that?

Anyways, listening to the videos, this is a tough choice. I don't believe I have heard anything by either of these bands before. Oh by the way Pixie, your link for Ruby (ironically my favorite of the links you gave) is blocked "from my country". So the USA. But I just typed it in the search bar and got another link right away, so no biggie.

I'm going to choose the Killers because if I have heard of one of their songs, Somebody Told Me is it. I think that song is pretty good. Just not something I'd run out to the CD store and buy. The Kaiser Chiefs to me are a bit too chaotic sounding. The guy's vocals are drowned in the music, which I generally don't like.

That would make the voting:

Killers - 5
Kaiser Chiefs - 2

(Pixie, feel free to veto any votes. I don't mind deloss's vote, as he harbors strong feelings towards the Chiefs, lol, but I don't know what to make out of Thomas' vote.)
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Somebody Told Me is a perfect fit in Weird Al's Polkarama ,lol!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

(Pixie, feel free to veto any votes. I don't mind deloss's vote, as he harbors strong feelings towards the Chiefs, lol, but I don't know what to make out of Thomas' vote.)

I think in the interests of keeping momentum up we'll be a little lenient.

delossantosj hopefully in future we'll come up with some battles where the bands are so polar opposite for you lol.

Thomas1st2 I almost dread to think how you have reacked the end of the 2000's without hearing of either band.
Showing 2401-2415 of 4274