ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610581
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, I'm gonna call this one a win for System of a Down by the score of 7 to 1.

Since I haven't had anymore suggestions on my profile for a while, I'll make up my own battle. If you want to suggest battles post them on Pixie's and/or my profiles.

Next battle is:

Supertramp:
Goodbye Stranger
Bloody Well Right
The Logical Song

vs.

Electric Light Orchestra
Don't Bring Me Down
Hold On Tight
Evil Woman

Battle On!

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Gah this is tough. I like both bands, I love "Take the Long Way Home" by Super Tramp, but I guess I'll go with ELO, I'm just more of a fan of Jeff Lynne and his work with the Traveling Wilburys.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Supertramp--0
E.L.O.--2

I am going to go for E.L.O. because I like their sound more... I don't know much from either band so it really comes down too logical song vs. Mr. BLue Sky and the E.L.O. track is one of my favourite songs ever and the perfect remedy for these winter mornings lol.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I'll go for E.L.O. I can't name a song by them or by Supertramp from the top of my head, but I heard both artists before and Supertramp is a little extraordinary, and E.L.O is full of musical geniuses.

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Gonna go for Supertramp myself, I just love their style, and they have a much stronger body of work album-wise, with greats like Crime of the Century, Even in the Quietest Moments, and Breakfast in America. Whereas with ELO, they have good singles, such as "Don't Bring Me Down", and "Evil Woman", but no albums that I truly enjoy the whole way through. Supertramp just does it for me that much more so!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Current total is:

ELO - 3
Supertramp - 1

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

vhalgamor the current battle is ELO vs. Supertramp please vote on that (at the moment... and provide a nice reason please)

Also for every who uses this thread (i.e. regular voters) could you make sure too flag spam votes etc. cos if they get deleted it keeps the whole thread much clearer. (thanks)

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Electric Light Orchestra, a great unknown band by many. I like thier rifts a lot.
ELO - 4
Supertramp - 2

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

My vote goes to Supertramp. I love Goodbye Stranger. I like the weirdness to their songs as well. I just am not quite as familiar with ELO. In fact going into the battle the only song I knew for sure by ELO was Don't Bring Me Down. I never knew who "the other Wilbury" was, lol. Like I said, I just like Supertramps library better.

ELO - 4
Supertramp - 3

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Electric Light Orchestra. Both were 70's/80's bands, but ELO has the better catalogue and more hits. Plus, they put on a great show. Glam rock baby!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

ELO-- 5
Supertramp-- 3

A closer battle ths time.... nice to see abit more competition.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Supertramp. Gotta love the Logical Song, and their singer is addictive despite being odd-sounding.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Supertramp. Their name is great, and their songs are... different. In a good way.

leetburrito
leetburrito
5 posts
Nomad

SUPERTRAMP is way better

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

SUPERTRAMP is way better

That may be true, but why???... Elaborate please.

Total is now:

ELO - 5
Supertramp - 5

How about that... didn't know who to put up vs. Supertramp so I just took a shot with ELO and we have one of our closest contested battles in a while.
Showing 2371-2385 of 4274