ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609905
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

So, since Linkin Park is obviously going to win this, I would like to suggest placing them against Shinedown (unless this has already been done. If so, sorry). If my suggestion is taken, I also ask everyone to listen to at least one of the songs that i post before voting. Theire popular songs are If You Only Knew and Second Chance. They are good, but they sound nothing like the rest of their songs. So here are some links to some songs that have Shinedown's true sound to them. You may know these songs, as some of them are also popular.

The Sound Of Madness (sorry about the ad at the beginning, and the video, which kind of sucks)
45(a slow, kind of sad song, but very good)
Devour (my favorite song by them)
I Dare You

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

thanks for the suggestions, though we do prefer you do so on our profiles rather than on this thread. it can lead to confusion. Personally when I pick battles, I try to come up with bands that are as similar as possible. I think Linkin Park kind of stands on their own, but Limp Bizkit was the only one that came to mind when trying to come up with a competitor. I have no problem using Shinedown in a battle, though I'd probably try to pick someone else for them to go against.

Linkin Park - 8
Limp Bizkit - 0

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

LP, I used to really enjoy them and their videos, not so much now. Bizkit was funny, but I have always thought of them as a joke band...

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Limp Bizkit are quite good, but Linkin Park are way better, though I have to admit that I don't like always their music.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, Linkin Park with the clean sweep.

Next battle is:

Killswitch Engage:
=1A34BFEA7888ABD0&index=0&amplaynext=1">My Last Serenade
Starting Over
Arms Of Sorrow

vs.

Faith No More:
Midlife Crisis
Falling To Pieces
Evidence

This battle suggested by Bronze. Thank You.

If you want to suggest battles post suggestions on Pixie's or my profiles.

Battle On!

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

FNM, they have so many songs I like and I would to go has far as to say that Mike Patton is probably the most skilled frontman of all-time, his range is unbelievable. The songs ilebric picked are alright, but I would suggest listening to others, many of their songs are quite different.

Killswitch is good, their front man has some lungs. I love End of Heartache and their cover of Holy Diver. But at the end of the day, there is far more FNM songs that I like.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I don't like Killswitch Engage.
I slightly like Faith No More.
Conclusion I vote Faith No More.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Killswitch Engage-- 1
Faith No More-- 2

I hope this doldrums picks up soon.

dimismx
dimismx
169 posts
Nomad

Killswitch Engage-- 1
Faith No More-- 3

cause i don't actually like Killswitch Engage at all,so my vote goes to FNM

wonderwallz
wonderwallz
5 posts
Nomad

love in an elevator walk this way all the rest its just that areosmith is just beter dy far

1,855 posts
Nomad

I don't think that either one is good at all, but killswitch engage has waaaaaaaaaaaay better guitair solos, although FNM has better singing. My vote, though both very close ends up going to Faith No more overall.

gk1452
gk1452
1 posts
Nomad

killswitch engage!
holy diver was epic!!!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Faith No More invented an entire genre. They are hugely superior creatively, musically, and technically. They win.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

neither of them have any talent but i would have to chose killswitch because of there moderatly good solos.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

neither of them have any talent

I like to respect peoples opinion but that statement is ridiculous. I won't flame, just refer to alt's post above you.
Showing 2461-2475 of 4274