ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609081
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

You, FryLock19, need to give a reason for your vote (unless I missed it, I'm not sure which above post you are referring to)

Score is:

Rush - 8
Foreigner - 5

I'll call this one later today if I have time, unless there is a slew of voting in the meantime.

Suggestions for future battles always welcome on my profile. Thanks.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Lol, so much for the slew of voting...

Ok Rush wins it by the score of "see above"...

I'm gonna try something different here, just for kicks, and just becaues I can. It's the

Battle of the ONE HIT WONDER BANDS

After all, you all live to satisfy my curiousity. Muwahahaha and stuff. I'm just kidding naturally, but I am curious how this one will fair, so here we go:

Soft Cell:

Their one hit: Tainted Love
Other songs:
Say hello, wave goodbye
Bedsitter

vs.

Dexy's Midnight Runners:

Their one hit: Come on Eileen
Other songs:
Geno
There, there my dear

Battle on!

I figure I may have to call this one sooner than later, but let's see if we can have some fun with it anyway. As always, suggestions for future battles are welcome on my profile. Thanks!

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I always found soft cell to have a more interesting sound. evil and yet harmless at the same time.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

evil and yet harmless at the same time.

Perfect description! I vote for Soft Cell. "Tainted Love" has such an abnormal tone that it's tough to tell how Marc Almond really feels about the girl he sings about.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

DMR is more of an old-style band. I have nothing against old-style bands, but I prefer groups that sound like their era. In case you still aren't catching on, this is a vote for Soft Cell.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'm not that dense, Armpit. I get it, lol.

Anyway, that makes a Soft Cell jump to:

Soft Cell: 3
Dexy's Midnight Runners: 0

this is going decently. Hopefully it continues. Feel free to suggest future battles on my profile. Thanks!

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I'm not that dense, Armpit. I get it, lol.

I'm glad you do, because one of your henchmen didn't quite understand my voting style when I voted on page 279. Before you read his post, guess which band I voted for.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

201--- isn't one of my henchman, but I had no problem deciphering that vote. Not that it really needed deciphering anyway, lol.

(btw, your turn to fire back on LOTR vs. Star Wars thread, lol)

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

This one is grinding to a halt quite quickly here, let's see if this innocent little bump can help the votes pick up again...

Score is still:

Soft Cell - 3
Dexy's Midnight Runners - 0

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Soft Cell - 3
Dexy's Midnight Runners - 0

One more day for this vote I think.... both are pretty decent bands even if they only have one brilliant song come on guys.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

both are pretty decent bands even if they only have one brilliant song come on guys.

The reason you can't compare the two is because they're not even close to the same genre. Since Soft Cell belongs to a more popular genre, it will inevitably get more votes. I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but this battle is ridiculous.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, some battles you would think would be ridiculous end up being much closer. And some battles you'd think would be pretty close, end up being washouts.

I picked these 2 just on their one hit wonder status. I think everything else by either one of the bands stinks and therefore it's no wonder they are one hit wonders. But between the two I think I'd vote for Dexy's Midnight Runners on account of Soft Cell's song is too overplayed for me.

Score is:

Dexy's Midnight Runners - 1
Soft Cell - 3

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, enough of this torture... Soft Cell wins what was probably the worst battle in Battle of the Bands history. Failure noted.. You'll see no one hit wonder battles from me, lol.

Next battle is:

Damn Yankees:
High Enough
Coming Of Age
Where You Goin' Now

vs.

Warrant:
Cherry Pie
Heaven
Machine Gun

Battle On!

Suggestions always welcome on my profile. Thanks in advance for your votes, your criticism, and your thoughts.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I love Cherry Pie. It's one of my favorite songs of all time. Tally up a vote for Warrant, if you please.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

consider it tallied, and this battle officially under way..

Warrant - 1
uh, Darn Yankees - 0

Showing 2716-2730 of 4274