ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609022
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

hey bacobit and yoda... how about throwing a vote in with your commentary ...

So far the score is a big lead:

Parliament - 4
Brick - 0

Lookin like an active battle. Thanks for the suggestion Armpit

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't know either band so... I can't really vote. And I'm currently too lazy to look them up xD

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Parliament - 4
Brick - 0

Yoda if you don't know the bands and won't look them up don't comment about it..... mainly for your own benefit the mods will jsut delete your post eventually.... hopefully XD

Still a healthy lead for parliament.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

And I'm currently too lazy to look them up

Seriously? They're linked right there! Both of them! You don't have to look anything up! :P
Whitezmbe97
Whitezmbe97
6 posts
Nomad

Probably a little late haha but Guns and Roses is the best freaking band ever

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

This battle presented a real problem for me... I didn't know about either of them and that's (to say the least) really weird for me, since I'm a music lover?!?! o_0

But then my girl shouts me back to reality with a simply comment to my amazement...

"You may be obsessed with music, but you just can NOT know about all the music in the world! Stupid!"

So, I took the time to listen to the songs... tough choice man!
*scratches beard*

Allright, here it goes... in being a real critic, I'd say Parliament has the advantage, simply for having better loops and riffs, better voices that provide the 'easy-listening' that is a HUGE factor of Funk Music and they have something that's essential for Disco Music...

You can simply test it by playing a Disco song (any disco song you can grab) and you'll know when it's good when... you either start nodding your head or start swaying your hips to the groove! And that's just the advantage Parliament has over Brick! Groove baby!

So my vote goes to PARLIAMENT!

Let it rip and get your groove on! =D
And a suggestion to anyone who feels like voting on bands some more... visit the 'CRBWC'!

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Since I suggested this battle, it's very difficult for me to decide. I love both bands, which is why I suggested them to battle against each other. Parliament has great, catchy songs that you're glad you can't get out of your head, but what I like most about Brick is that they sound nothing like any of the other funk groups. Their long instrumental solos may be bland to the untrained ear, but if you listen to them, you'll notice how many different instruments they're fusing together, and you'll realize how difficult it must be to get it as perfect as it is.

Brick is who I vote for this round.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm afraid you'll need to call this battle, because although it was popular in the beginning, it has now killed the thread, and the last post was two days ago, so...

:P

xxsneaky
xxsneaky
105 posts
Nomad

I don't know much about either, but parleiment is a cool name and I've hear of them

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

brick is a lil to disco more my taste lol parliament

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Parliament - 5
Brick - 1

Ok I think I'll call it there.......

@m not sure what to do for a new battle but I want to go back to punk; however we used British punk bands last time so I want to use some American bands this time. But I don't know bands that are similar enough e.g. The Ramones vs. Dead Kennedy's are really two ver different bands in widely varying genres so....... the new battle is:

The Ramones vs. Buzzco_cks

The Ramones probably need no introduction cos I would hope nearly evryone here knows them; they were right at the fore-front of punk in America andpacked alot of energy, examples of songs are: Blitzkrieg Bop, California Sun (my favourite song the Ramones did; I know it's a cover :P) and The KKK took my Baby away

The Buzzco_cks are a band from good ol' Bolton in England although they had a huge influence later on the Manchester scene. They made some of the most recognisable punk songs by fusing pop techniques with pure punk. Examples of songs are: Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've), I Believe, Harmony in my Head.

The Ramones:0
Buzzco_cks:1

My vote goes for the Buzzco_cks because I always prefer the British punk sound and they had a much more varying style then The Ramones plus I can never get bored of listening to ever fallen in love; it's concise and powerful with no extra pointless bits for me it is close to the perfect song.

Oh and obvioulsy the Buzzco_cks don't have an underscore in their name I'm just having to avoid the censore lol.

Montsor
Montsor
96 posts
Nomad

I never heard of those 2 bands so i listend to a couple of songs from each band on youtube.My vote goes to Buzzcocks

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i love the buzzcocks. one of my fav calssics

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

I have to vote for the Ramones. Their songs were short and packed with energy - they could do a 14-song playlist in just over 16 minutes. The essensce of the New York punk scene, and still the best.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I love the Ramones. Short and sweet, the way rock music should be. My favorite of theirs is "Rockaway Beach", which is pretty similar to "Rock and Roll High School", but you can definitely distinguish between the two of them.

Showing 2776-2790 of 4274