ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609027
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Coldplay isnt a very good band. radiohead isnt either but its better than coldplay.

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

Nobody likes either of these bands. Why don't you just make a new battle?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Yes, please call this battle. I can't take this one anymore. Radiohead wins.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

I got two bands that would be a good vote if you'd let me post them.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

bacobit, please suggest them on my profile. We always welcome suggestions, but we prefer you do it on our profiles (mine or Pixie's). This way the thread doesn't turn into a madhouse. Thank You.

The score for this one is:

Radiohead - 6
Coldplay - 1

I'll call this battle tomorrow or the next day most likely unless Pixie does it first. I'm waiting in lieu of bacobit's suggestion or any others. I could come up with a battle of my own of course, but we like to encourage communication and participation. And since we are nearing the mercy killing of this battle, I thought I'd take the chance to get bacobit's suggestion.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, well, as promised, the mercy killing has arrived..

Radiohead defeats Coldplay by a score of 6 to 1.

I was gonna wait for Bacobit's suggestion, but in the meantime Armpit (seriously) suggested one... So here we go:

It's time to get funky... (as in funk music, get it? lol)

Brick:
Dazz
Dusic
Ain't gonna hurt nobody

vs.

Parliament:
We want the funk - This may actually be titled "Give Up The Funk", didn't dig deep enough to find out for sure..
One nation under a groove
Bop Gun

Of course, Parliament has Atomic Dog as well, but I didn't find a decent video for it..

The battle is on! Please feel free to suggest future battles on my profile or Pixie's. Thanks!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

This one is tough...

I'll go with Parliament, because "Give Up The Funk" (aka "Tear The Roof Off&quot is one of my favorite disco songs. Brick is great for background noise, but Parliament is truly the funkiest.

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

Parliament is more interesting, because they form complete sentences with their lyrics.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

The sound of Parliment's voices sound better, so I vote for them.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Ahh man, I would've voted for Coldplay, but I guess some people *ahem*Ernie*ahem* wouldn't let me.

On this battle, I vote for Parliament. I like funk to some degree, and Parliament is one of the better funk bands.

HaHa! Ernie likes Disco!

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Who doesn't like disco? And I know when your sitting in your car and then all of a sudden "Stayin' Alive" comes on, you can't help to not break out singing.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would've voted for Coldplay

What kind of person are you???

Ernie likes Disco!

You are surprised?
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Not really surprised Ernie. And yes, bacobit, I like two disco songs: "Stayin' Alive" and "Play That Funky Music". Three if you count "Miss You" by the Rolling Stones as a disco song. But I don't sing along to it in the car. Unless I want to see someone giving me a one-finger salute because they think I'm talking to them.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

Who doesn't like disco? And I know when your sitting in your car and then all of a sudden "Stayin' Alive" comes on, you can't help to not break out singing.

I gotta agree with Bacobit here, whenever a good disco song like 'Bring On The Funk' is on, you can't help but sing it for at least a few days xD
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah, I like "Bring On The Funk" as well. That's four - count them - four disco songs I like.

Showing 2761-2775 of 4274