ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607862
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

The shins

The songs I like are:

-Australia
-New slang

The strokes

the songs I like are:

-Repitila
-Angels
-Last night

SO, I like the Strokes better.

ladygamer
ladygamer
2 posts
Nomad

I'm gonna have to say kiss

thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

The Strokes are definitely better, I love Reptilia and Under Cover of Darkness, and I'm not a huge fan of anything by The Shins.
My vote goes to The Strokes

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

I'm gonna have to say kiss

Dude why du so many people look at first page when they write these comments!

As for my vote: The Strokes, simply for their song "Under Cover Of Darkness"
because its just so awsome.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Dude why du so many people look at first page when they write these comments!

It might be because a lot of people visit the forum for the first time and haven'tfigured out yet that the first page they see isn't consisting of the last post written...

Reasonings with the votes are pretty thin, to say the least... but I'll make a short first round up nevertheless:

The Strokes - 3
The Shins - 0

The Shins are taking a beating here... O.O Let's see if they manage to get back on their feet and close the gap! State your votes people! =D
ramzaman
ramzaman
231 posts
Farmer

THEEEE......................

strokes

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I'll have to go with the strokes because I have no idea who the shins are.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Neither of your votes count. ramzaman, your vote needs to have a reason. Paarfam, saying that you've never heard of a band is not a valid reason; you can look up songs by the band you've never heard of.

greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

The Shins take the cake, eat it,and then take the flaming candles and burn off Julian Casablancas' face.
They are arguably the most unique rock band ever. All of their albums are masterpieces, especially Chutes Too Narrow.
James Mercer's at times both dreamily calm and borderline genius, and his guitar licks are very simple yet convey the song to the listener in a more complex tone. Take Young Pilgrims for example. He told an extremely complex story with a simple riff.

And everyone who commented before me has no good explanation.

PROOF:

As for my vote: The Strokes, simply for their song "Under Cover Of Darkness"
because its just so awsome.

No explanation of how they're better than the The Shins whatsoever.

MORE PROOF:
The Strokes are definitely better, I love Reptilia and Under Cover of Darkness, and I'm not a huge fan of anything by The Shins.
My vote goes to The Strokes

The shins
The songs I like are:
-Australia
-New slang
The strokes
the songs I like are:
-Repitila
-Angels
-Last night
SO, I like the Strokes better.

FAIL ANYONE?
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

THEEEE......................

strokes

Well, you gotta give reasons why you like em :P
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I forgot that I actually knew a song by the Strokes (via Rock Band)... after listening to the samples by both groups, I'll pick the Shins in a landslide. I like them way better than the Strokes. The Shins sound a bit like the Moody Blues to me and while they're not one of my favorite groups, I do like the sound. Something of a mellow rock. And as an added bonus, the video for Australia was just great.

So my vote... The Shins

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Alright, after a few days break, I'm back. I would put off this update but I have a few things I'd like to address.

The current score at this point is:
The Shins: 2
The Strokes: 3

Now for the things I'd like to address. First off, please keep backseat moding of the thread to a minimal. Mrdaycee and I are currently the moderators, and we decide on whether a vote counts or not (though I do admit, I wouldn't have counted Tegan's vote if I had beat mrdaycee to an update). 2nd off, make sure votes have good reasoning with them. We have had many votes recently that are such things as just listing the band or listing off songs from both artists. Please, have legit reasoning to why the band your voting for is better.

greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

I vote The Strokes, I like how they create 60's style of music on actual days, I like them so much because of that. I've never listened seriously to The Shins, so I just took a look at their songs and they also look like a "vintage" band, but I prefer 100x times The Strokes, they are just more "rock", and I like it

If you haven't listened seriously to one band out of the two, your argument is rendered invalid.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

greethan, did you even read my post?
I might as well go ahead and vote now. I vote for the Strokes. The sound the Strokes are able to get is very classic-rockish, which makes me like. Not only that, but I also like the singers voice pretty well.

Quirinus1
Quirinus1
157 posts
Shepherd

The Shins

Showing 3451-3465 of 4274