ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607682
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

How about this. I vote for the Strokes because I can. Anyone who disagrees will have their posts deleted. The Strokes win, next battle xD

As an aside: I really wish that 'refusal to actually read the thread title prior to posting' was a bannable offense....

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

As an aside: I really wish that 'refusal to actually read the thread title prior to posting' was a bannable offense....

Exactly what I was thinking.

So, I'll probably post the next battle tomorrow, seeing as this one has seen relatively few votes (as most battles involving post 2000 bands are).

The score:
The Shins: 3
The Strokes: 6
greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

THAT IS NOT FAIR.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

So the final score of the disappointing battle is:
The Shins: 3
The Strokes: 6

So now time for a new battle. It is:

Death Cab for Cutie
I Will Follow You Into the Dark
Soul Meets Body
I Will Possess Your Heart
vs.
Coldplay
Viva La Vida
Clocks
The Scientist

This battle was suggested by Dudeguy.

If this battle doesn't work, I'll probably throw in two more famous older bands before going back to suggestions. So let's-a-go!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i love both to death honestly, but im a much bigger coldplay fan then i am a deathcab fan. i have far far far more coldpaly in my library and they have inspired me much more.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Wow. 2 of my favorite bands, both of which i have an innumerable amount of songs from. I'm going to have to go with coldplay because i heard of them first and Viva la Vida is the most beautiful song i have ever heard (instrumental wise).

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I wish you could post all the other Coldplay, like Talk, or Fix You. Glass of Water is great also.

The thing about Coldplay is that I am yet to find a song by them I hate. All their songs have a standard, some are greater. I love Death Cab, but not as much as Colplay.
Coldplay

jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

OMG I havnt heard death cab for cutie since I lived in Boston!!! I knew i have heard I will possess your heart somewhere! Great band that really hits the hart. while coldplay may be smooth and has great sounds (i love em) Death cab for cutie really wins for me.
Death Cab for Cutie

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well I was all set to vote for Coldplay, who I like, but I figured I'd make it an honest vote and at least check out the videos for the other group. I love what I'm hearing. They remind me of the Decemberists, another group coming from the same area (in fact the lead singers look a bit alike). I like that folk/rock feel and so I'm officially making my vote:

Death Cab For Cutie

greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

Death Cab for Cutie, cuz I said so.

END

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Coldplay all the way, because while there are bands with ''good songs'' and ''bad songs'' and ''better songs'', there's not a single coldplay album that I can't enjoy all the way through. Every Coldplay song is good to me so I never get the urge to push the skip button.

FutureAssassin
FutureAssassin
16 posts
Nomad

Im going with aerosmith. i love coldplay but aerosmith is just a classic oldie

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Well, a rather quick start to the battle leaves the score at:

Coldplay: 4
Death Cab for Cutie: 2

hopefully, the quick start will continue through the battle. As always, I am open for suggestions. If ya' happen to think of one, post it on my profile.

Im going with aerosmith. i love coldplay but aerosmith is just a classic oldie

At least you read half the title. Please vote for the current battle (with reasoning).
AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

Both are pretty lame but I guess i have to vote coldplay because
their singer is pretty good.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

You know, I've been a big Coldplay fan for some time now, but after watching the videos for DCFC I am going to have to give them my vote. The lyrics and melody struck a chord with me. I love their style and the symbolism in their words.

Coldplay does much of the same, and these bands really are quite similar so this vote was tough one. Also thanks for this match up as it introduced me to DCFC for the first time and they are now going in my iTunes.

Showing 3496-3510 of 4274