ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607619
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

@MrWalker82

Listen to sound of settling. Thats on of my favorite songs from death cab.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

I vote DCFC because coldplay is pretty bad and death cab is
actually pretty good, heard a song by them recently and liked it way better than coldplay (at least dcfc has guitar)

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Coldplay because I can't stand Death Cab for Cutie that much.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I'd go with Death Cab for Cutie. Like Walker said, both bands seem rather similar, and it's not music that I love, but I really liked the vids you posted for DCFC. Coldplay is, well, good too, but I kinda like DCFC better, the song I Will Follow You Into The Dark is beautiful. Plus, they seem a bit more down-to-earth than Coldplay, don't know how to tell that but DCFC feels more straightforward.

Turin
Turin
104 posts
Shepherd

coldplay, because i finf dcfc kinda dull
and coldplay has lots of energetic and very beautiful songs

GabeValentine
GabeValentine
33 posts
Nomad

Tough one, cause I like both bands, but I'll go with Death Cab for Cutie.

I feel like Death Cab has more songs which I can relate to on an emotional level. Also, Coldplay strikes me more as a "head in the clouds" kind of band, where as Death Cab seems more down to Earth. AND Death Cab is from Seattle, and so am I, so there is a lot of local affection for them. Ben Gibbard (the lead singer) wrote the song "405" while he was driving on the interstate of the same name, and I happen to drive on that road maybe once a week. Listened to the song while driving on the road multiple times. Fun to do. Also, everyone loves an underdog.

kekoa3
kekoa3
1 posts
Nomad

idkk i vote for whoever wins lol

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
827 posts
Nomad

Ill go with Coldplay. I like their style

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Another good string of votes here. The current score with the counted votes is:
Coldplay: 5
Death Cab for Cutie: 6

Suddenly Death Cab takes charge of the battle, but it is still very close.

Ka****o: You need to have a more elaborate reasoning than that for your vote to count. See some of the other votes for this battle for examples.

As usual, battle suggestions are always welcome. Just post 'em on my profile.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

Death cab for cutie may be relevant right NOW, but coldplay noooooo doubt, is better..... i'd be lying if i said i didnt like death cab for cutie though.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

idkk i vote for whoever wins lol

well that doesnt sound weird at all...
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I'll go Coldplay.

Alt actually introduced them to me about 2 years ago. Awesome. Their mainstream songs, like Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, Life in Technicolor ii, and Clocks are all fantastic songs. But I've found that my favorite songs are in some of their lesser known, or less popular songs.

Swallowed by the Sea, Fix You, What If, Yes, and Low are some of my favorite of mine from Coldplay. They all have meaningful lyrics, and provide a wide range of beats and melodies that are all executed well.

Still, its a close vote, as Coldplay and DCFC are very similar bands. But my personal preference lies with Coldplay, and that who I'll vote for.

WillPlayForMoney
WillPlayForMoney
2 posts
Nomad

Colplay : DCFC
I'll give 5:4

Coldplay is more popular, less indie and belongs to the big league.
DCFC is cool too..'Something About Airplanes' was really good (debut) and some songs are just really awesome [I Will Follow You Into The Dark, I Will Possess Your Heart, Title Track, We Looked Like Giants..]
But Coldplay has more good songs [Shiver, Lost, Trouble, The Scientist, Don't Panic, Yellow, In My Place, Clocks, ..it goes on and on..]
Coldplay seems to be more experienced and hardly disappoints anytime.

Shinigami07
Shinigami07
6 posts
Nomad

Coldplay

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I'll have to go with Coldplay. Sure they're mainstreamish, but they've always had a unique sound and I really enjoy the song Clocks.

Showing 3511-3525 of 4274