ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606379
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm going with 'N Sync on account of Justin Timberlake. He's probably the only pop star I can stand. The others make me want to put my fist through a wall.

If anyone is going to mess up BBCode, It's Gonna Be Me.

+1
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

When I was 15, the song I listened to most was I Want it That Way. I was one of those emotional-type teenagers, and that song was some type of feel song for me. Since nostalgia exists, I still love the song to this day and I listen to it all the time. I vote Backstreet Boys.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I'm going with 'N Sync on account of Justin Timberlake. He's probably the only pop star I can stand.

I respect Justin Timberlake as well, and I'm voting for 'N Sync for the same reason. Unlike other famous Justin pop stars, this one was talented even as a kid.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

This battle is close. I'll post the current score.

'N-Sync - 4
Backstreet Boys - 3

Judging by how this competition rarely exceeds 7 total votes anymore, it doesn't look as if this round will go on for much longer unless we find more people to vote. We need some more of the Tavern regulars, or else the fate of these battles is doomed to stay in the single digits.

So tell all your friends about BotB.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Surely one of these boybands must make you shiver a little bit less than the other?

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Uhhh well I only know 1 song by each. I have to go with Backstreet Boys. I want It That Way is better than Bye Bye Bye to me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

It's one tough cookie you served here Ernie... =/

I like both of the contestants very much, as they are (for me personally) the 2 best boy bands ever 'created' during the period of this dream era of every teenage girl on the planet. But hey, I like them too and so do a lot of dudes out there! Never disregard good music when you hear it!

So, in order to try and make a decision for the winner, I listened to all songs you linked and started comparing in order to declare a winner...

1) Being able to sing along with the songs: BsB - 1 / 'N-Sync - 1
2) The likeability of all songs (catchy lyrics/easy to listen to): BsB - 1 / 'N-Sync - 1
3) Flashy fun-to-watch videos (each in their own style): BsB - 1 / 'N-Sync - 1
4) Excessive usage of the hi-hat in the drum sequence: BsB - 1 / 'N-Sync - 1
5) Screaming factor during concerts (measured in %): BsB - 100% / 'N-Sync - 100%
6) ... uhhh...

Conclusion, I would have to rate as follows: Backstreet Boys - 1 / 'N-Sync - 1
Sorry! Can't decide... =)

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

N-Sync just because Justin Timberlake, but I don't really like boy bands all that much. (Unless it's k-pop)

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Backstreet Boys, solely because of the song Larger Than Life. I don't listen to any other song by either artist, but Larger Than Life is one of my favorite songs, and I sing it all the time.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would call the battle now, but...

'N-Sync - 5
Backstreet Boys - 5

I'm afraid, in the event of a tie, I have no choice but to let this battle smolder on until one more person votes.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I detest and hate all manufactured pop. Alt rock forever!

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

When I was 15, the song I listened to most was I Want it That Way.

I've always secretly loved this song, though my friends would have roasted me over a fire if they ever found out. I was much younger than 15 when it came out, but it has always been a guilty pleasure of mine even at the young age of 7. I never much cared for NSYNC, though, so the Boys win it for me.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The deciding vote. Finally. That puts us at a final score of:

Backstreet Boys - 6
'N-Sync - 5

This battle would have been incomplete without the one deciding vote, but now I've decided to make the call and start a new battle.

But I'm going to take a risk and genre-jump all the way to folk.

Bob Dylan

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/D/Bob-Dylan-9283052-1-402.jpg

Like a Rolling Stone
The Times They Are A Changin'
Blowing in the Wind
Mr Tambourine Man
It Ain't Me Babe

vs.

Peter, Paul, and Mary

http://biodesignoutforawalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Peter_Paul_and_Mary.jpg

If I Had a Hammer
Puff the Magic Dragon
Blowing in the Wind
Leaving on a Jet Plane
Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

Where have all the votes gone? The battle, it is a changin'.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Bob Dylan is a legend. he wrote some amazing songs and his voice is like no other. peter paul and mary are cool but they do not compare to what bob dylan has done for music.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Bob is less mindlessly cheerful, and therefore better.

Showing 4066-4080 of 4274