ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606385
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I didn't realize this battle had been up for so long.

Temptations - 5
Miracles - 2

For the next battle, we'll be jumping a couple decades forward.

Nirvana

https://a1-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/32/d901b7510476425c90f9a5367c281ae6/300x300.jpg

Smells Like Teen Spirit
Come As You Are
Lithium
About a Girl
The Man Who Sold the World

vs.

Pearl Jam

http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2012/01/pearljam-90s.jpg

Black
Alive
Even Flow
Sirens
Last Kiss

The 90s called. They want your vote.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Nirvana. As overrated as they were, they were quite innovative.

Also this, their reaction to being asked to mime their instruments.

On top of it all, Sirens really negatively impacted my viewpoint on Pearl Jam =/

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Nirvana they are the trio of the 90s! None of that Pearly stuff....
Nirvana=heaven
LOL Get it.... no...

~~Black~~

digi_cai
digi_cai
272 posts
Viceroy

Nirvana was a really short band... we are a necrophiliac society, and that's why Nirvana is considered one of the best bands ever... I respect them, and I like their 3 albums... but Pearl Jam has also great albums, and a very long career.

My vote is for Pearl Jam!

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Nirvana is way too depressing to me. I can't listen to anything other than "Teen Spirit." Pearl Jam's sound feels more wholesome to me, and it doesn't all sound like foreshadowing to an unfortunate end.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Pearl Jam is much better at conveying both positive and negative emotions at the same time. Nirvana seems more focused on the negative sounds, even if their message is positive.

Pearl Jam.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I could never listen to nirvana unless i was totally stoned out of my mind.. then it all made sense aha. Pearl jam sounds good even when i'm not stoned, and i no longer smoke, so i can listen to pearl jam now but nirvana.. not so much.. xp

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think this has gone on long enough.

Pearl Jam - 5
Nirvana - 2

This is the third battle in a row where the winner has taken home the trophy with exactly 5 votes, and the second in a row where the final score has been 5-2. These are not great scores, especially compared to the numbers @Skeleton_Pilot received when he was running this just a few months ago. So tell all your friends about BotB. Every vote counts.

This idea was given to me inadvertently by @gh0sts. Rather, I saw a post he made in "Right Now I'm Listening to..." and it gave me the idea for this battle.

Backstreet Boys

http://danahentoff.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/backstreet_boys10.jpg

I Want it That Way
As Long As You Love Me
Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
Larger Than Life
Everybody

vs.

'N Sync

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2009/10/1/1254391288456/N-Sync-in-1997-001.jpg

Bye Bye Bye
It's Gonna Be Me
I Want You Back
This I Promise You
Tearin' Up My Heart

These 90s boy bands want you back....to vote, and they want it that way.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

If anyone is going to mess up BBCode, It's Gonna Be Me.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

N Sync. Honestly I don't like either too much, but like 5 years ago when I was pretty young I really liked some of the N Sync songs... Idk why.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Nsync has a cooler sound and seem like cooler guys.. backstreet boys seem too romantic most of the time, even though larger than life is pretty cool.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Loved both of them in the 90s, during the years of being a kid and all. I couldn't really tell the difference between them, though one of my earliest fondest memories was playing Larger Than Life endlessly on my dad's pop compilation disc.

BSB takes the cake for me, because now they're still a decently good vocal group, and Unbreakable helped them on the first step to remaking their teenage image.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

@Ernie, that's Something That I Already Know, Trouble Is, are you Inconsolable?

Their ''newer'' songs btw. ^^

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Nsync has a cooler sound and seem like cooler guys..

I disagree. To me, the Backstreet Boys always seemed like the more down-to-earth guys, while *NSYNC always seemed like the band someone threw together to make millions. The Boys seemed like they knew each other and were good pals, whereas *NSYNC seemed like they didn't really know each other at all. Who knows what the real truth is; this is just from what I've gathered over the years from listening to them and watching their music videos.

I am voting for the Backstreet Boys, whom I listened to back in the 90s when I was a teen. I didn't tell anyone of course.
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

To me, the Backstreet Boys always seemed like the more down-to-earth guys, while *NSYNC always seemed like the band someone threw together to make millions.

Dude i think they were both thrown together for that purpose.. lol.. i just like nsyncs sound better than the backstreet boys.
Showing 4051-4065 of 4274