ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2612652
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I vote Led Zeppelin, cause I like many of their songs ( my favorite is Stairway to Heaven) and I am in a good mood and linkin Park's songs usually are very sad, they are almost like Placebo.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

My vote goes to Led Zeppelin.How is Linkin Park even in contention with Led Zeppelin? This is why only intelligent msusic listeners that have a great understanding of classic rock groups and their place in history should vote. Otherwise,it's just a popularity contest. And why aren't Led Zeppelin paired with someone better,like AC/DC? If you love music and understand its history,than go to my page. Right now,the poll is The Police vs. The Clash,and on my brother's page it's Rush vs. Genesis.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Linkin Park- 3
Led Zeppelin- 5

Thats final! Led Zeppelin has moved on to the next round!!!

The next battle will be between Oasis vs Creed.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I know Oasis never really "broke America" so I shall provide some examples for all you peoples. Live forever is arguably their best song, about Kurt Cobain it has the great lyrics that are present in many of their songs. D'Yer Wanna be a Spaceman is one of my fave's as well I'm not sure why it was never one of their big hits but it always makes me smile. Some Might Say is, as Noel put it, the "archetypal Oasis song" and I love it Wonderwall si the song you might have heard if you haven't heard of Oasis it is a classic and almost as big as the band.

So it doesn't look like I'm completely biased With Arms wide open is a song by Creed. It is surpsingly good I have to say.

I vote for Oasis since I love them their lyrics are great, they have a cool sound and the whole BritPop movement is just brilliant and is the voice of a generation almost here.

Oasis- 1
Creed- 0

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Thank you Pixie. That was very kind of you.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

WHAT!!??!??!?!?!?!?!!? LED ZEPPELIN WON OVER LINKIN PARK!!!?!??!?!?!?!

Sorry about my rage there.

Hmmm, hard choice here. I do like Oasis and I do like Creed. My Sacrifice and One Last Breath are my favourite Creed songs. Live Forever and D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman are my favourite Oasis songs.

I think that I'll go with Creed here. I personally think that won this one out for me by just a little bit. Oasis is really good compitition.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Oasis- 1
Creed- 1

It is all tied up. Who will win and move on to the next round?

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

WHAT!!??!??!?!?!?!?!!? LED ZEPPELIN WON OVER LINKIN PARK!!!?!??!?!?!?!

dude, face it, Led Zeppelin is a better, more influential band than Linkin Park will ever hope to be.

Anyways, back on topic, I vote for Creed, I just like their style better than oasis, they aren't my favorite, but they are better than oasis
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

Creed

I prefer their music over Oasis's. I also know more songs and like more by Creed.

nickelbacksucks
nickelbacksucks
847 posts
Nomad

Oasis.

Scott Stapp's voice is just too ridiculous.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Oasis- 2
Creed- 3

Progressing nicely, a few more voted for either band (or deformed mutants depending on your view on mife) will swing it

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I don't like very much Creed, i think that Oasis are better, I like a lot their songs Wonderwall, I'm Outta Time , live forever.
So I vote Oasis.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Oasis- 3
Creed- 3

It is still a close match. Two more votes for both bands!

Smoke82
Smoke82
5 posts
Nomad

here my music & games blog

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Smoke, please don't do that here. It is the wrong place.

Just vote for a band you like and Pixie, Gaga, or I will take care of the rest.

Showing 1336-1350 of 4274