ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606593
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I don't care for this genre at all, but when I was a kid the song Puff the Magic Dragon was like my favorite song ever. I can see just see 5 year old me dancing around to it... Good times.

My vote is for Peter, Paul and Mary

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Bob Dylan is more skilled, in my opinion. His songs are sometimes more thoughtful, sometimes calmer, and at the same time some even more cheery than what I just heard of Peter, Paul and Mary.
Finally, his songs were covered probably thousands of times. Rare are artists who had so much of an echo.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I hear Bob Dylan songs all the time, and I didn't like them at first, but now he is starting to grow on me like moss. That hasn't happened yet with Peter, Paul and Mary.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

This is an impressive turnout for only the first day.

Bob Dylan - 5
Peter, Paul and Mary - 1

Bob already holds a 4-point lead. Let's see if the glorious trio can come back before the voice of a generation takes the victory cake.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I think I like Bob Dylan the man more than I like Bob Dylan the musician. He is definitely legendary, but his voice combined with that harmonica gets annoying pretty quickly. With music, I always go for sound, and Bob Dylan's, while unique, gets old fast. Peter, Paul and Mary, in contrast, harmonize beautifully, and Mary Travers has the voice of an angel. Bob Dylan may have written Blowing in the Wind, but Peter, Paul and Mary blew it out of the water.

Don't get me started on their cover of John Denver's Leaving on a Jet Plane.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I haven't listened to either one of them, but I vote Bob Dylan. I vote Bob because he is more recognizable, and because... stuff.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I can't decide which one I like better musically, so I'm voting Dylan, for his songwriting skills.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Bob seems like he has more going on up in that noodle than the other three combined. The others sure can sing, no doubt about that, but I don't get the impression they think too deeply about what they sing about. If they do, they don't show it too well. I vote Bob, even though he has one of the worst singing voices I have ever heard.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

This is starting to look like a landslide victory.

Bob Dylan - 8
Peter, Paul and Mary - 2

I'll leave this up for a couple more days, but only because I have no new battle ideas today. Suggestions, anyone?

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

How about Aerosmith vs Ac/dc?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Foo Fighters Vs ???

Queens of the Stone Age Vs ???

Sex Pistols VS ???

I can think of many bands, but no good opponents...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Haven't seen a landslide victory in a while. Good to see there are enough people voting in this thread to make one happen. Peter, Paul and Mary might not agree with me, however.

Bob Dylan - 8
Peter, Paul and Mary - 2

By the suggestion of @CherryCoke360, we will be venturing back to rock with the next battle.

Aerosmith

http://assets-s3.rollingstone.com/assets/images/artists/304x304/aerosmith.jpg

Walk This Way
Dream On
Dude (Looks Like a Lady)
Sweet Emotion
I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

vs.

AC/DC

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0003/090/MI0003090436.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

TNT
Back in Black
Highway to Hell
You Shook Me All Night Long
Hells Bells

Ding ding.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Influential, popular bands, but I just don't have time for them. They have some good riffs, which never turn into good, full, melodies, and the vocals are just hideous. On balance, I think AC/DC is slightly less bad.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Aerosmith has always sounded more fun to me, I don't know why. That's probably what they were going for. In any case, I like fun. Aerosmith is my vote.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

AC/DC is hardcore. I was listening to them when my friends were all listening to Nirvana and Soundgarden. AC/DC might not be the hardest stuff on the market, but it sure beats depressing little acts like Soundgarden, and it certainly stands up to groups like Aerosmith, even though Aerosmith is a darn fine band.

Showing 4081-4095 of 4274