ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606478
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I never really appreciated the way AC/DC sounds personally. Just isn't my taste I guess. Also, Aerosmith sounds more cheerful to me somehow. So I vote for Aerosmith.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I suggested these bands because they are two of my favorite bands and i dont think i could easily choose between them. so only because i listen to them more and have for longer i will vote for ac/dc

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Tough one, but I will vote for AD/DC. I like AC/DC's songs and their songs are more memorable, but Aerosmith has done some pretty good songs, such as Walk This way and Don't Wanna Miss a Thing, but I haven't heard a lot of songs by them.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

My vote goes to AC/DC! Not only do I like their music better than Aerosmith, but also because of the sad news I just learned... =(

"AC/DC stops touring because of bad health rythem guitarist Malcolm Young"

I'm glad I've been able to see them perform live and I wish I could a second time. Awesome show these guys stage! =)

Let's hope it's not the end for this band... =/

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

AC/DC - 7
Aerosmith - 2

This battle is not what you would call close, but I'll give it a few more days to make sure all the Aero-heads onsite have cast their vote.

Let's hope it's not the end for this band... =/

Brian Johnson sounds optimistic, despite Malcolm's current condition. It seems pretty clear that they have no intention of discontinuing the band any time soon, so that's at least a silver lining, even though the circumstances are quite unfortunate. The band will not be the same without Malcolm if he remains unable to play.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Probably a fairly unpopular opinion but I think Aerosmith is about the most overrated band ever. AC/DC kicks quite a lot of booty and it's well deserved, so there's where my vote goes.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Walk This Way is too great a song for me to not vote for Aerosmith. Most of you would probably disagree with me on that, but I happen to think it's a great song and I prefer it over AC/DC's songs, even though AC/DC has plenty of great songs as well.

Aerosmith it is.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Hey Ernie... what about a follow-up battle between AC/DC -vs- Airbourne? They have similar sound, style and rhythem! I'll even make you a poster if you want... =)

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

AC/DC for sure. Their music pumps you up a lot more than Aerosmith's. I agree that they are a lot more memorable; they've written more famous songs than Aerosmith has.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

AC/DC is certainly better. Stephen Tyler is a joke that need to grow up already.
AC/DC!!!

check out some AC/DC here:

http://www.last.fm/music/AC%2FDC/_/Back+in+Black
http://www.last.fm/music/AC%2FDC/_/Highway+to+Hell

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Both are great bands, but I love how AC/DC have largely kept to their timeless formula, and not tinkered with mass appeal music like Aerosmith. I do dig some of Tyler's new stuff, but I'd always back the band that stayed true and blue to its roots.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I just love AC/DC because their hit "TNT". I'm still not sick of that song.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Well, that was certainly a blowout.

AC/DC - 12
Aerosmith - 3

Poor Aerosmith only got 20% of the vote. 20% of the love. In an elevator.

Hey Ernie... what about a follow-up battle between AC/DC -vs- Airbourne?

I'll do that battle very soon, but first I'm going to post at least one more in between to keep things diverse for variety's sake. I'm paranoid that a bunch of AC/DC fans will be tempted to copy and paste their vote from last round without even listening to Airbourne if two battles with the same band occur twice in a row. Good thing I have my aluminum foil hat.

Speaking of things made of metal, or rather bands that were influential on the development of early metal music, we're going to take a trip back to the 1960's/early 70's.

The Kinks

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9233770.ece/alternates/w460/pg-44-davies-2-getty.jpg

You Really Got Me
All Day and All of the Night
LolaTired of Waiting For You
Come Dancing

vs.

The Stooges

http://www.musiclipse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/The+Stooges+thestooges_1971.jpg

I Wanna Be Your Dog
Search and Destroy
Raw Power
Gimme Danger

Gimme votes. I'm tired of waiting for you to vote.
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

There's no easy way of explaining why I like the Kinks better, but I do think they sound more organized than the Stooges. Some people might like that less-organized sound of the Stooges, but I prefer the Kinks and their orderliness.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Meh, neither do much for me. Based on example songs, Kinks are slightly better.

For the next battle, could we have Queens of the Stone Age vs Smashing Pumpkins or Manic Street Preachers vs The Smiths?

Showing 4096-4110 of 4274