ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5383279
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
checker702
checker702
211 posts
Nomad

hey you write a big text. how long you wrote?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

THE ASSIGNMENT part one

Well. As some of you may have expected, the tournament wasn't going to run to its completion without at least one big hitch. The hitch happens to be one of the few dreaded nightmares a site can face: a coordinated raid by a large group of users. Moderators, working as a team, have no trouble dealing with troublesome individuals or even groups... but when there's only one or two active moderators and an influx of several thousand of them...

What this means for various people differ. I'll start going through the implications and therefore the scope of your assignments, which will be an invitation to share your response to such a situation:

Crimson and Xzeno

Did Strop actually declare the round open? Is the tournament running or not? You guys will have to first decide whether it is, whether you should engage each other as briefed, or whether to call it off entirely and deal with this. Attempts to ask Strop what you should do now will be met with "Not now, we're in a state of emergency, at least we WILL be once I figure out what's going on!" Alternatively you could just decide to do your own thing. The most important thing for you guys to note is that you don't know how these events, or your actions, are going to affect your standing in the tournament, if it's even going to count for anything once this is all over.

Thoad

In answer to my own rhetorical question, no, Strop didn't remember to reattach the top of your dome, so you can still feel your brains through your scalp. Also your hair is exceedingly short, since in order to do a craniotomy, one has to shave the head first. More importantly, you'd have been warned of these events early, as the hospital is in the Northeast portion of the city. Strop doesn't know whether Armor Hospital hasn't been raided or not, but for our purposes, let's assume that it has been, and your experience as a zombie slayer and president of the Zombie Survival Club makes you the best candidate to coordinate the defence of Armor Hospital.

THAT'S RIGHT, YOU GET TO MAKE A STAND AGAINST A RAVENOUS HORDE IN A DILAPIDATED HOSPITAL, HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!?!?

Hint: if you haven't seen the legendary Peter Jackson shock-film Bad Taste, now's the time to do it. The parallels are too good to ignore. Not only are you missing part of your head, but these strange NG folk you're trying to repel aren't zombies, more like the aliens of Bad Taste: they're stupid and they're rather strange, like they're not actually human though they sorta look it.

p.s. Thoad, try not to kill anybody. These are people, not zombies, so using excessive and lethal force is still a crime.

Kingryan

Your super-secret mission that Strop gave you has been interrupted by these young whippersnappers, except these young whippersnappers are about a million times more obnoxious than the ones you used to yell at for treading on your lawn (if only your library actually HAD any lawn...)

Furthermore most of them 'don't need no education' and in an attempt to stick one to knowledge and reason, have attempted to set fire to your library. You'd better do something about that before you think about dealing with anything else, namely the post-office just across the road. Don't even think about the bank, we'll get around to that in the next update.

Goumas

When last we left off, Strop asked Dank to hire Goumas with on-the-job training at Armor Academy. When Dank left, Strop had Goumas start anyway, figuring that by the time he got back the results would be enough for Dank to be convinced that the trial was worth it.

So let's start with a retrospective. Goumas, first, I'd like you to write a little about your time attempting to become a teacher who takes classes in sport and chemistry, like you've always wanted to. Then one day your students don't turn up to class... but a bunch of nasty looking teens are here to trash the school...

It's impossible to defend Armor Academy, at least until Dank shows up (and that means not just yet). You better be good at running!

To those who have been previously involved in the WoM either as a candidate or non-player role

The principle is the same. Pick a location, tell us what you were doing, then tell us the reactions to the raid as you see it. Location MAY include being in the Amphitheatre to watch the finals.

To those who haven't been involved in the WoM yet but want to be

Nothing for you yet, hang tight!

REMEMBER

This is the first part of your assignment, all I want are your initial reactions to the appearance of raiders.

DEADLINE

Sunday 24th October. I want to keep this moving quickly.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

have attempted to set fire to your library.

OH...NO....THEY...DIDN'T!

*eye twitches*

(*sobs* poor robyn */sobs*)
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Nothing for you yet, hang tight!

does this mean something is definitely coming up relatively soon?
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

OH...NO....THEY...DIDN'T!

Note that I said attempted. Whether they succeed or not is up to you!

does this mean something is definitely coming up relatively soon?

Yes. You just have to see how the scenes are unfolding elsewhere first.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Yes.

Ah freakin loove ya! thankee!
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Note that I said attempted. Whether they succeed or not is up to you!

Hmm...several different ways I could pan this out...I have a moderate idea in mind...

The veeerrryyy short deadline is daunting...
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

.I have a moderate idea in mind...

or a moderator idea!
sorry I be tired.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

all I want are your initial reactions to the appearance of raiders.
In prose?

p.s. Thoad, try not to kill anybody. These are people, not zombies, so using excessive and lethal force is still a crime.
That answers my question about how this would affect Leon's standing in the tournament. I guess I'll just have to find out how much blood can be spilled before the force is considered excessive.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

have attempted to set fire to your library.

I am going to kill them.

In prose?

Please, please do an epic poetry-type of entry.
No, seriously, something so epic that future gnolls will - what do gnolls do? Laugh? Anyway, will verbally share it to the next generation.

Enjoy the chaos.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

"THEN WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE, RUN ALONG TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND, IF SHE WILL TAKE YOU BACK!"

<ic>"YO STROP, D*CK MOVE, MAN!"</ic>

You happen to be talking to a person who traps animals for shits and giggles.

TRIP WIRES, PITS, BARRICADES, AND HOT "GURL" NURSES AROUND EACH CORNER? F*CK TO THE YES, MEIN.

I request that I am able to put in a part about after thoad feeling that he held off the raid successfully, he runs to his "special place". Will happy things happen? Maybe, if I'm allowed to write it
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Thoad's suggestion for soundtrack for the last scene: System Of A Down- Tentative. Awesome pick.

Here's my reference for the next scene: a.k.a. you guys are really screwed now.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

a.k.a. you guys are really screwed now.

perfect!
System Of A Down- Tentative. Awesome pick.

eh, not Awesome.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

We're going dooown, in a spiral to the grooound, nooo ooone, noo one's gonna saaave us!

Sorry about before strop, my AIM was being really pissy for some reason. Maybe we could continue through e-mail?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

eh, not Awesome.

Since I was ninja'd, you have blasphemized my musical lord of SOAD, and now you must pay.

*chosp off your ears*
Showing 4516-4530 of 5646