ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5971924
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well...I still don't really know if it's Mary or Pierce. Or both. Or none.

And your name may not be Mary right? ;3

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm, okay. As you know, we've had a few delays, and so I've had to extend the final deadline for some people to about...15 hours from now.

So I'm going to have to bump forward the new starting date as well. The new starting date will be Thursday 16th July.

I would apologise except it's not my fault >

To keep you occupied, I need you guys to check the following:

1) Do you know what the WoM story is so far?

2) Do you know what the REAL purpose of the WoM is?

3) Do you have a good idea of what your character can and can't do, and wants to do?

4) Do you have time for up to 4 months of continuous involvement and deadlines?

It's up to you to judge whether you have enough time (and commitment) to put effort into the project and act accordingly. If you say you do and it turns out you don't, I will probably get pissed off (everybody's going to find this out one way or another!) To put things into perspective, I spent over 3 months planning for this, and expect it to run for about 4.

However not everybody's life runs like clockwork, least of all mine- so of course I'll make allowances for time. You just have to let me know ASAP, otherwise if it proves too much trouble for me to adjust, I'll have no choice but to cut you.

Remember the bottom line: convince me!

kthnx

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

1) read everything... so check.

2) To find a new mod... right(?)... right guys >.> ok yes I do.

3) I thought my character was me... so yes and no but Yes.

4. I fear summer holidays might interfer with some people especially if they go on holiday somewhere >.> Unless drinking gets in the way of creative-ness then I do have the time.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Yes for all the questions.

The question isn't about me, it's about how much effort you will put in PonyBoy *wink* Joking.

Fired up. Though I do not wish to be fired by my boss, nor do I wish to meet a trigger-happy gun man.

Wait pai seh...pai seh...

Exams may hold me up at certain points, though I'll do my best to compete till the limit. That is, till my parents find out and lock the computer in a cupboard that I didn't knew existed in the house.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Joining in, because... I haven't slept a lot.

Pretty darn sure, since I still have the main plot as a file, and if I somehow get it wrong, I am pretty sure Thor light is ready to punch it in.

Yes, and looking forward to it to get it done. But, is this not a trick question? It is an OCT/STG/some other abbreviation, which means you might have one purpose for the WoM, while the players might have another, which possibly might be "Having fun".

3) Do you have a good idea of what your character can and can't do, and wants to do?

I have actually thought about revamping the ref, because it lacks a bit of information. Like his phobias. Can: Not much, Can't: a very lot. Goal: Not to participate:P

Besides the obvious like being on vacation at my folks, and the start and end of the semester, I am pretty sure I will, yes. Will try to give a warning as early as I can, which will be:
Next week at grand parents, the week after possibly touring around with my family, the 6th I have to go to the ENT expert, but that won't take long. 1st of September is semester start, there is... one vacation in November, I think it is, and December will be busy, if it takes that long.
^ Trying to warn in advance > >
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yay that helps me a lot. I'm on vacation and I don't have much time to go online. This is my 2nd visit to Armor Games all vacation and the first one was only for 10 minutes or so.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yeah, we are pretty much being stressy about your vacation, Jdogg. Better answer the email.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Unless you are holding out on us then as far as I know I do.

I get the feeling there is a secret purpose to it that none of us know except the mods know, but looking at it from a distance I think I get the idea of what its true purpose is.

Yes
Can: Everything!!!!
Can't: Everything!!!!...wait what?
Wants: Everything!!!!...except diet soda, getting banned, and a conversation with lige....and a few other things I can't think of right now...OK so maybe I don't want everything.

Jokes aside I think I know my character pretty well at this point.

That is the only one I am concerned with. Over the Summer my family has no current plans for a vacation, but that could change. The good news is that we never go on vacation for longer then a week a majority of the time, but once school starts(the first day after labor day whatever day that is) then I will have to see what happens. Because this year is supposed to be a very busy one for me. I am planning on going back to robotics, hopefully to become captain of the controls team this time(unless someone more experienced joins the team) and on top of that I also am going into some classes that will be keeping me busy this year including Game Design, Chemistry, and AP Government, so I would assume as long as this contest does not drag on too long into the semester I should be fine, since most classes don't get too intense till around then(around December and January) but even then I don't know. We shall just have to see...
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Sure do.
A game/animation project you're doing? If there's some secret purpose... well, more on that later.
Yeah, I think I do. If not, I can wing it.
I don't know, do you? I personally don't see this whole thing going down without some deadline shenanigans on the GM's part.

As for me, things might get a little touch and go in November, what with NaNoWriMo and all. Otherwise, I'm fine. No vacation for Xzeno.
zlith
zlith
1,252 posts
Nomad

yes some guy broke the spinny thing so you had to go to other means and animal lady was like AAAAAAAAAAH BLAAAAH BLAAAAH BLAAAAAAAAAAH then we all came.

If we win we get our character used in a game.

yes I do.

um I will be gone from the 16th to the 24th but otherwise I will be here a lot of the time if school doesn't get to hectic.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

yes some guy broke the spinny thing so you had to go to other means and animal lady was like AAAAAAAAAAH BLAAAAH BLAAAAH BLAAAAAAAAAAH then we all came.

Hmm, I wonder how many of the people saying they know the limits of their characters actually knows them... I still have a hard time figuring out his limits, unless I am playing around with the scene in my head, and that is just partly qualified.

Sing "Dah dahdahdahdahdahdidahdah"
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I still have a hard time figuring out his limits, unless I am playing around with the scene in my head, and that is just partly qualified.

I would say just push it as far as you can XP

And I think Strop meant for this to be a mental questioning, but hell, whatever floats yall's boat.
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

@Estel

To keep you occupied, I need you guys to check the following:

It was for us to answer. Or so I think <_<
zlith
zlith
1,252 posts
Nomad

[quote]yes some guy broke the spinny thing so you had to go to other means and animal lady was like AAAAAAAAAAH BLAAAAH BLAAAAH BLAAAAAAAAAAH then we all came.

[/quote]

I would have actualy said the story so far but I think the other contestants should have the "fun" of reading through all those pages them self.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I would say just push it as far as you can XP

Well, I know he is panicaly angst about being blindfolded, or having someone hold for his eyes. Really panicking.
Funnily enough not afraid of the dark > >

And I think Strop meant for this to be a mental questioning, but hell, whatever floats yall's boat.

Well, I think I pretty much shouldn't answer anything at all, but who cares?
Showing 556-570 of 5646