ForumsThe Tavern[necro]Teeth - Not white?

23 5374
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I brush my teeth 4 times a day, but they never get white, or close to white. Cold things that I eat (like Ice Cream) hurts my teeth, and even hard things like apples hurts my teeth. I don't know why..
And please note, I have never dropped a tooth.
Please, help me.

• 23 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

White teeth does not equal strong or resilient teeth. Actually yellow teeth might occasionally be stronger, depending on why they're yellow...

If you brush your teeth that much every day, you can wear down the plating (I don't know the English word for 'emalje', thus making your teeth more vulnerable (because there will be less between the surface of the tooth and the nerve). This can also happen if you brush too hard.

The good news is, if you haven't gotten your adult teeth yet, you'll get a second chance with the new set once it comes.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

'emalje'

I think the word you're looking for is 'enamel'.

But yea Zophia got the nail on the head. It may not look pretty but it's the natural coating you have when you're younger that helps protect your teeth. Only once you get older to you get your pearly whites.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

'emalje',

I think you're thinking of "enamel".

Since you still have child teeth, biting on hard objects can definitely hurt them, since
they aren't as strong as adult teeth. This is why parents give their kids pieces of fruit, not
the whole thing for them to bite on.

As for being white, you need whitener. Toothpaste alone isn't going to make them white as a
pearl, they will get a sort of cloudy, cream color, but whitening it while you brush will
give you results.
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Is the word you're looking for Enamel?

It's also possible for you to not have white teeth because of family traits. Not saying that brushing your teeth is a bad thing, but it looks like they are getting sensitive because of either brushing too much or eating too much sugary things or citrus fruits (Pineapple, grapefruit, oranges, lemon, and lime etc).

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Well... Maybe your starting to drop a tooth? I know I pulled out all of mine myself. My teeth aren't completely white, but they're strong. If it is a loose one, be careful, it might be a cliffhanger. Those things get messy if you yank 'em. I recommend twisting the tooth, a lot less painful for me.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Kind of like what Zophia said. If you brush them way to much then they will get weaker. Just brush them like twice a day for the next month and see what happens.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think the word you're looking for is 'enamel'.
I think you're thinking of "enamel".
Is the word you're looking for Enamel?
I should feel really fail now, huh? XD Thanks for expanding my vocabulary, guys. :P

And Zega, if you keep having trouble with it (particularly if it is still an issue when you get your adult teeth), go talk to a dentist about it.
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

I know what you're saying, mine are never white.
They are yellow, but not because they are dirty.
I brush them 3 times per day, only eat cold or hot foods separately, not together and I always use the dental floss.

I found this interesting article talking about tooth.

If you have more doubts, use the human best friend, the search engine. (Google)

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

My teeth don't get really white, but they're close. Just sort of strained because of the tea and coffee I drink. I brush my teeth at least twice a day though.

By not dropping a tooth I think you mean losing one? Sorry, I've just never heard anyone say "dropping a tooth" lol.

But that could be why it hurts to eat cold things and such.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I could also be the natural coloring. I have yellow teeth even after I started brushing my teeth twice a day. It's really problematic. Once you lose your baby teeth and they're still that way it's probably the natural coloring. It could also be tartar, which is really hard to get off with a toothbrush, as it is essentially hardened plaque. My dentist had to scrape it off my teeth.

SuperZagron
SuperZagron
424 posts
Nomad

Its probably your gums as much as it is your teeth. Your teeth can't be healthy unless your gums are too.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Kind of like what Zophia said. If you brush them way to much then they will get weaker. Just brush them like twice a day for the next month and see what happens.

They'll kill me.

eating too much sugary things or citrus fruits (Pineapple, grapefruit, oranges, lemon, and lime etc).

How could I eat those fruits? I'm allergic to most of them.

By not dropping a tooth I think you mean losing one? Sorry, I've just never heard anyone say "dropping a tooth" lol.
Well, EXUUUUUSE ME!

Its probably your gums as much as it is your teeth. Your teeth can't be healthy unless your gums are too.
Mine are VERY healthy, trust me....

Thanks for the help guys 'n girls.
MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

'emalje'

I think the word that you're looking for is ename- *gets shot*

I brush my teeth 4 times a day, but they never get white, or close to white.
Lay off teh booze/cigs pal... *hehe*
I'm really not sure how to fix that to be honest. Mine are kind of the same way. I brush mine twice a day, and they arn't as white as they really should be. Then again, i'm a Dew addict. I suggest asking a dentist if you really want to know what is wrong, like Zoph said.

Cold things that I eat (like Ice Cream) hurts my teeth

I actually have the same problem. My teeth are just sensitive to cold food though. Yours may also just be sensitive to cold food; it's very common. Or it may also be because of teeth chipping.
kira322
kira322
22 posts
Nomad

I brush my teeth 2 times a day but they never been white and i don't konow why.And I have problem my teeth are very sensible when eat or drink cold things they hurt

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

As said before, milk teeth are more sensitive and weaker than adult teeth.

Also, brushing excessively can scrape the enamel off. And if you don't have a choice with brushing less, you can try to get a toothbrush with softer bristles! This may help.

Teeth having to be completely white is a bit of a myth in my opinion. Making sure you have strong bones with a good calcium intake is much more important.

Showing 1-15 of 23