ForumsWEPRWhaling

34 7111
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I am curious to see whether you guys think if whaling should be illegal or not. This is a big issue right now, with Japan already launching a huge whaling expedition, estimated to bring in 935 minke whales, and 50 fine whales.

As a marine enthusiast, you can probably guess where my opinion lies. But I am interested to see what other people think.

• 34 Replies
purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

whaling should be illegal most whales are endangered beyond a point of recovery without our help we should helpp the whales not kill them

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Whaling should only continue if they breed them just like cows or chicken, as stated before, they don't. whaling should be put to an end. I think people should treat them like the bald eagles now. we needed a new national animal anyway, the bald eagle, even with it's wig is just starting to get old...

Also I think whaling on the moon is a problem also. -.... I'm sorry I had to say it. It's a Futurama reference...

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

I think whaleing should be illegal we dont need to kill whales for anything, we only did it before for their oil and now we have lightbulbs in my opinion killing innocent whales for a quick buck is wrong what if i decided i wanted to hunt whalers because so,eone would pay me to do it? C u wouldnt like it either whales are intelligent oo u know

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

OMG Futurama reference, you win at teh internetz Skull.

Whaling should only continue if they breed them just like cows or chicken

Well, that's not really possible for a start. I'm not sure whales could handle the disruption of their transoceanic migratory patterns (in some cases), and the gestational period on many of the popular species is kinda long. Also, they're friggen huge! What kind of farming could we possible achieve with such animals?

Not that I'm a proponent of farming in itself, anyway. But it would be supremely impractical, yep.
Showing 31-34 of 34