ForumsGame WalkthroughsUse Boxmen Walkthrough

51 116665
PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

I have noticed that a lot of people are having trouble with this game and I don't think anyone has created this walkthrough yet... This is my first walkthrough, so don't be too harsh if I made any mistakes.

Level 1: This one is self-explanatory, just jump off the starting platform to the next and again for the one with the cube/smiley face.

Level 2: Step on top of the button, and make a stationary boxman. Then go touch the cube.

Level 3: Jump of the starting platform and you make a boxman just right after you pass the midway point.

Level 4: Walk towards the switch, and when you get right underneath the higher platform, make a boxman. The moving boxman should flip the switch and give access to the cube.

Level 5: Go to the platform with the switch and make a stationary boxman just left of the switch. Then walk to the right and make a moving boxman. Walk to the top and get the cube!

Level 6: First, make a stationary boxman just right of the generator. Then, make a moving boxman between the wall and the previous boxman. Jump onto the now-moving platform and wait till you reach the top.

Level 7: Make a crouching boxman at the right-most point of the backwards G platform. Go to the left-most point, and make a boxman that is going towards the crouching one. Get to the cube before the wall is closed.

This is going to be PART 1. I will be making PART 2 later.

• 51 Replies
TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

Thanks for the walkthrough. But I'm stuck on level 11, so I'll have to wait for part 2.

It's not even that I don't know how to beat the level. It's that I can't seem to power the generator fast enough, so any tips on how to power a generator with optimum speed would be very helpful.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

I have the same problem as Tharos, so I can't wait.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

If I'm not mistaken, this is the walkthrough forum. Notice the part that says, "Game Walkthroughs"?

Anyways, here's PART 2

Level 8: This one might take a couple of tries. Walk, don't jump, off the ledge and keep holding right. When you just get past the second lowest platform, make a boxman.

Level 9: This one is even harder than Level 8. It's really hard to explain so here's a picture showing where the platforms are around.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3322/3642670596_3fc5870131.jpg

Level 10: On the top platform put the boxmen as shown (O=boxman): O O O
------------------- ------------
Then you make a moving boxman from the smaller platform so that it jumps over to the bigger one. As soon as you make the boxman, start heading towards the cube. Hopefully you will make it there before the boxman hits the switch.

Level 11: Put a crouching boxman on each pole including the starting platform. Go back to the starting platform and as you jump down towards the generator, make a moving boxman that goes towards the movable platform. Quickly move left and right to power the generator so that by the time the boxman gets to the end, he can jump under and touch the cube.

I will be making a PART 3 because I am really busy.

MysticWing
MysticWing
287 posts
Nomad

I'm stuck on Level 10 so yeah.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Whoops Level 10 should look like this:

O O O
------------------- ------------

joojamoi
joojamoi
34 posts
Nomad

For level 11: Try putting one crouched boxman on every other pillar than the tallest one and one croughed boxman on right edge of the platform where you start from.
Then send a running boxman from the platform you start from to the right (so it starts jumping over the crouching boxmans) and right after that jump down on the generator platform and send the last boxman to run right so it aids you with the generator. Then just keep powering the generator by running in front of it.

If you done it right, the platform should be high enough at the time when the first runner reaches it.

shortguy
shortguy
2 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the Walkthrough - Ill hold out for part 2. It's nice that you are giving to the community!

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Thanks joojamoi and shortguy!

Here's PART 3:

Level 12: This level is harder than the last two levels combined because it's all about timing, but I'll try to explain it the best I can. First off, you make a moving boxman that heads for the switch. Right when he flips it, step on the button so he won't die. Stay on the button until the movable platform's right edge meets with the spike's left edge. The boxman should then walk safely over the spikes. Wait until the movable platform reaches your side and get on it, then quickly press the button above. By doing so, the boxman will pass the big tooth-like thing, and hit the button on the side of the wall. The button allows you to pass the spikes below you and press the button. If you press the button too late, the boxman will die. If you do it just in time, the boxman will flip the switch, letting you pass the big tooth-like thing. Now get the cube. REMEMBER, this stage is all about timing.

Level 13/Final Level: This is definitely harder than all the levels combined, which means it is impossible to explain using words. If you really want to know how to pass this level, please watch this video.

Hidden/Secret Level: Yes, there is a secret level. This level though, is as easy as the first. I need not say any more. Discover what happens here yourself.

Hints/Tips: (Just some stuff that people might not know)
-Instead of clicking the reset arrow at the corner when you mess up, just press the 'R' on your keyboard.
-Instead of clicking the 'Next Level' button on the levels screen, just press the spacebar.
-To make a crouching boxman, press the down arrow(crouch) and then press shift.

Hope this helped whoever needs helping!

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

Thanks joojamoi. I wouldn't have been able to beat level 11 level without that.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I need further help with level 10, can you please give me a screenshot? :P

rwpikul
rwpikul
1 posts
Nomad

That's the hard solution for level 10:

Go down to the bottom.

Place one friend standing by the wall on the left, and another right where the one will appear when you flip the third switch.

Set a friend running back and forth between them.

Go over to the switches and do the flipping yourself.

masterblake9
masterblake9
58 posts
Farmer

Thank you for this walkthrough. Level 10 was way easier doing it the way rwpikul said. Other than that, this was really helpful.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

joojamoi, either I don't understand what you want, or it just doesn't work. is there any other way to do this? :P

joojamoi
joojamoi
34 posts
Nomad

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2508/useboxmenlevel11.jpg

Release the last 2 boxmen to right around the areas marked with red circles (upper one first of course) and start running in front of generator by yourself to keep it powered. You need to do this fairly quickly to raise the lift in time.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Hey, thoadthetoad, I thought you left this site for good. Odd.

Anyways, I need to thank rwpikul and joojamoi for helping others understand the walkthrough more. I never knew there was another way to do level 10! And joojamoi, I think this is the picture you meant to post:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2508/useboxmenlevel11.jpg

Showing 1-15 of 51