ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSummer Armatar Contest!

844 134294
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Summer is here and it is time for a new armatar contest! So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Summer. If I like it, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be summer themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome summer armatars =)

• 844 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

What a nice surprise before I am going to bed!
Hmm, now I can use my "not sleeping, but still lying in bed and being dead tired"-time on thinking up a nice design!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Yayayay!

But... Already?

Cool!

I'll try and come up with something...

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Wee~

I can happily announce that I have absolutely no ideas. But if it runs as long as the last one, there should be plenty of time for everyone to come up with something~

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

I had something in mind (You know what it is Carlie. ), But it occurs to me that I can't work with computer painting programs...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Summer started on June 21st, I think we're a bit late even!

Hope to see some nice entries ~ especially from you, Zophia...

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I think it runs too close to spring. It would seem that almost year round, there will be user-made armatars which further dilutes the novelty of such.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I have a good idea... I should try beginner's luck!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4016/summer1f.jpg

First failure but hey I'm a negative nancy (dang you Cartman) "Elephant in front of a summer sunset" is the title of the piece... you likey?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm so lets see fishing...beach....vacation......hmm whats the idea I should do...I think I have an idea, but I just hope I can pull it off.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

A thought occurs...

Carlie, what if I have the idea and give someone else permission to create it themselves using Paint or some other program?

DiGiorno
DiGiorno
489 posts
Nomad

can i make a pizza?!?!?! i really want a pizza for my armatar

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Another armatar contest! Oh teh yayz! And this time I don't gotta use my crappy touchpad! Also, @ Manta: You can do that, but I don't think it would count as your own piece.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Also, @ Manta: You can do that, but I don't think it would count as your own piece.

Mrf...

I suppose I could try Paint or something... *Chinrub*

Or GIMP, perhaps...

Or some other form of art program. *Gazes out at the sky, perplexed at the situation at hand*
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Here's mine, scaled down to 100 x 100p lol.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3284/beach.png

Just wondering... when is the deadline or is there one?

Showing 1-15 of 844