ForumsThe Tavern'Write A Movie' Contest - Theme: (pending)

1443 315963
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

This thread is going to be a success! Me and goumas13 thought of this thread. When he gets on I'll tell him to come here and tell you what he is going to do. What you are going to do is make a movie using these directions.

Title:
Plot:
Setting:
Characters:
Movie Cover: (picture from photobucket)

There are going to be two judges for each competition. Each competition will be two weeks long. And the winner will receive a merit by Carlie. You cannot win twice.

Now all I need is to have two judges.

First competition is going to start when I have two judges to judge the movies. It will end on July 24th. Get Thinking!!!!

• 1,443 Replies
parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

I don't mean to spam but... Isn't this supposed to be on art section?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It should be, but more people would look for it here.

tony811
tony811
13 posts
Nomad

Good luck with it i might want to join though, how often are the merits going to be given out? I think its probably every week or so well good luck anyways.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Good luck with it i might want to join though

You don't have to sign up. Just write your entry and you're in.

how often are the merits going to be given out?

Any time the contest is won, a merit is given. And it is given to the winner, obviously.

I think its probably every week or so well good luck anyways.

Why don't you read the first page and figure it out on your own?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I don't mean to spam but... Isn't this supposed to be on art section?

Considering most of the has coverpages found on photobucket, and with that, there is credits given as "found on photobucket" which would not be enough in the art section.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Firetail, I'm waiting... BUT NOT PATIENTLY!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Considering most of the has coverpages found on photobucket, and with that, there is credits given as "found on photobucket" which would not be enough in the art section.

It's the Art, Music, and Writing section, remember. And what is this contest all about, I ask you?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It's the Art, Music, and Writing section, remember. And what is this contest all about, I ask you?

Hey, I was just comming up with a reason. I am not saying it shouldn't be there, I am just saying what might need to be changed if it has to be there.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Considering most of the has coverpages found on photobucket

Most of the what? If you mean to say entries, keep in mind that nobody uses a coverpage anymore.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Most of the what? If you mean to say entries, keep in mind that nobody uses a coverpage anymore.

I meant the coverpages. I have seen people use coverpages, and in this round too. The credits was "Found on Google", which is not accurate enough, really.
I am well aware that the entries themselves (the plot and all) are made by the users, but I was more concerned about the coverpages, which might have been the reason why Tennisman put the contest here in the first place.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Some coverpages are made by users; it's just that they haven't done it this round.

And this is a contest, which is one thing that you don't often find here in the tavern...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Some coverpages are made by users; it's just that they haven't done it this round.

Others are not. I know, but just saying the credits are terrible, and if it was to survive in the Art section with the current rules, people would have to make the credits a lot more clear.

And this is a contest, which is one thing that you don't often find here in the tavern...

Then it is a good thing it is here, is it not?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Then it is a good thing it is here, is it not?

It can be thought of as good or bad. Since it is a writing contest, I think it's bad that it isn't in the writing section. But it probably has some good reasons to go along with that...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Is brett even still active?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Are you ready to judge, firetail?

Showing 271-285 of 1443