ForumsThe Tavern'Write A Movie' Contest - Theme: (pending)

1443 316034
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

This thread is going to be a success! Me and goumas13 thought of this thread. When he gets on I'll tell him to come here and tell you what he is going to do. What you are going to do is make a movie using these directions.

Title:
Plot:
Setting:
Characters:
Movie Cover: (picture from photobucket)

There are going to be two judges for each competition. Each competition will be two weeks long. And the winner will receive a merit by Carlie. You cannot win twice.

Now all I need is to have two judges.

First competition is going to start when I have two judges to judge the movies. It will end on July 24th. Get Thinking!!!!

• 1,443 Replies
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

Awww, i didnt even get a placing

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

Name: Steam Powered

Plot: It is the year 30XX. Technology has boomed over the years, though the world no longer uses gasoline, instead, the use a new form of fuel. Scientist, while looking for a way to preserve life, found that steam is a safer way to power their machines, while experimenting, they discovered a new source of power, called 'Giga Steam' a powerful new way to power machines. As the years went by, they discovered new, and different ways to use 'Giga Steam', and soon, they created sentient life forms within machines using 'Giga Steam'. The machines, are near identical to humans, though their out side apperance may look robotic, they are still free willed. Some people, considered the new form of life, now called, "Gigatech", to be a considerable threat to humanity. Soon after the 'Gigatech' started living on their own, the people who were racist to the 'Gigatech' race, united, and created the 'PoH' or 'Protectors of Humanity'. The ignorant masses who joined the 'PoH' started off has a political party, but soon grew into a terrorist organization. Has the 'PoH' grew stronger and stronger, the humans who thought the 'PoH' were racists, they created the 'GTPO' or Gigatech Protection Organization. A group dedicated to protecting the Gigatech. Has the war between the two organizations grew to a larger scale, two people fell in love, Gabriel Wright A human, and Sarah Clockwing a Gigatech. Though their families hated each other, Gabriel and Sarah still loved one another, so, has a way for their love to be realized, they escape from their controlling parents, and decided to find a way to stop the war. Along the way, the two meet other couples of lovers who were persecuted by the PoH, and join the two lovers has they make their way across the world, to end the war, with no idea on how to do it, the two will meet many challenges, and in the end finally realize their dream of being together.

Main Characters: Gabriel Wright, and Sarah Clockwing.

Allies: Head of the GTPO, Sasha Clockwing, and her husband Burt Clockwing.

Villains: Head of the PoH,and father of Gabriel, Jason Wright, and Maria Wright.

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

just gonna bump this topic, I wanna know the feed back I get on that story...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Lengthen the deadline.
People have school, so it'll take longer.

Deadline: September 15th

Grandslam
Grandslam
144 posts
Nomad

Title: Total Blackness

Plot: It was a quiet summer day. When kids playing in the street, parents are enjoying some tea, and dogs are chasing cats. That is all about to change. Out of nowhere a giant UFO lands over the neighborhood and traps the 5 people that are there. Can they survive? To do so, they have to live off everything in the neighborhood and try to escape until the Aliens attack. Will they make peace with the Aliens? Or will they get killed?

Characters: Jordan, Michael, Stephanie, Melissa, Sophie (baby), and a dog Skumpy.

Setting: Summer day in Ohio.

Grandslam
Grandslam
144 posts
Nomad

Change of my title.

The Great Escape.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Jordan, Michael

xD I almost didn't catch that!

The Great Escape.

That isn't already taken? I thought it would be by now...
Grandslam
Grandslam
144 posts
Nomad

What do you mean didn't catch that?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

What do you mean didn't catch that?

I almost didn't see the Michael Jordan reference!

C'mon, guys we need some more entries. The amount we have is just unacceptable.

Come to think of it, I may make a horrible one myself...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ernie, how about we do this

Round 1: I judge, your the owner
Round 2: You judge, I'm the owner
Round 3: I judge, your the owner

etc.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Ehh, okay that can work. A bit strange but still a fine idea.

Grandslam
Grandslam
144 posts
Nomad

I didn't even think of that.

But that is cool.

lol

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

We seriously need a mod to change the title. Our current genre is adventure, just so people remember...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ernie, I vouch we start a new thread without the movie cover on the submit sheet.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Nahh, then we'd have two of these going at once, and it would just get confusing. We'll just make it clear that the movie covers are optional, if we haven't already done so...

Showing 451-465 of 1443