ForumsThe Tavern'Write A Movie' Contest - Theme: (pending)

1443 316078
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

This thread is going to be a success! Me and goumas13 thought of this thread. When he gets on I'll tell him to come here and tell you what he is going to do. What you are going to do is make a movie using these directions.

Title:
Plot:
Setting:
Characters:
Movie Cover: (picture from photobucket)

There are going to be two judges for each competition. Each competition will be two weeks long. And the winner will receive a merit by Carlie. You cannot win twice.

Now all I need is to have two judges.

First competition is going to start when I have two judges to judge the movies. It will end on July 24th. Get Thinking!!!!

• 1,443 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah it is.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Title:The Great Chase
Characters:Barry Bonds, Sid Gilmore, Fans and teamamates.
Plot:Sid Gilmore is close on the tail of Barry Bonds Homerun record of 756. He has 749 at the rightful age of 38, ahead of where hes suposed to be at this age. This year seems like the year the year that he'll beat the record and ablivate it.
At the all-star break though it seems his teammates and fans notice he hasn't been himself or he only hit 5 homers this year instead of 20 homers or more at Allstar breal like years hes done before. He decides to visit the team doctor and finds out he is diangnosed with a diesease and only has a few week to live and after every week the doc said he will slowly grow eaker and theres no cure yet he could save him if he can find the cure in time.
Summery:He has to race againest time for the record and the doctors for the cure.
Seems like a great sports story.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Now we have four entries! I guess this contest isn't as bad as Cenere says it is.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Heres the edited and final version.

Title:The Great Chase
Characters:Barry Bonds, Sid Gilmore, Fans and teamamates.
Plot:Sid Gilmore is close on the tail of Barry Bonds Homerun record of 756. He has 749 at the rightful age of 38, ahead of where hes supposed to be at this age. This year seems like the year the year that he'll beat the record and ablivate the record..
At the all-star break though it seems his teammates and fans notice he hasn't been himself for he has only hit 5 homers this year instead of 20 homers or more at Allstar break like years he had done before. He decides to visit the team doctor and finds out he is diangnosed with a diesease and only has a few weeks to live. after The doc predicts that he will slowly grow weaker after every week. Theres no cure yet that could save him if he can find the cure in time.
Summery:He has to race againest time for the record and the doctors have to race againest time to try to save him and find the cure.
Seems like a great sports story.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, we should probably lengthen the dates even further.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Well, we should probably lengthen the dates even further.

We still have almost 2 weeks. With 4 entries already, why lengthen it?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

To get even more entries?

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Whos gonna enter?
Also the the record is 762 not 756 I think?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

But how many do we actually need? If we have too many, judging will take forever...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, considering Carlie is gone for a bit and when she's back she won't be that active either, I don't think she needs merit-winners crowding her sleeve.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

But if Carlie comes back right when the contest ends, she can easily just award the merits from this round and the last round at the same time.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

She also has other jobs to do, and she's barely active.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

That's why I think she should be able to award both prizes at the same time. If she has to award one at a time, it would take much longer than if she awards them both at the same time.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

In my opinion there shouldn't be a merit prize for this at all >.>

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

In my opinion there shouldn't be a merit prize for this at all

But then nobody would enter at all. I wouldn't have entered in the first place, or even noticed this contest had it not been for that prize. It's an incentive to write.
Showing 586-600 of 1443