ForumsWEPRNewspaper Idea.

138 13921
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

I was thinking of making a newspaper to cover all topics of world events and what not but i'll need people to help me cover each topic i'll post them and i'll need people to help so anyone interested post here or on my profile.

I'll need 1 or 2 per topic.
1.U.S-
2.World-
3.Politics-
4.Health-
5.Entertainment-
6.Tech-(Idk about this one)
7.Travel-
8.Sports-
9.Crime-
10.Science-

I will cover what ever topic noone takes.

• 138 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Last time I checked, most Americans either watch the news, go online, or read the newspaper. Some of us don't care, but most do.

Well known fact that those stories in the news, newspapers and online is all about stuff relating to America.
Might have changed, but have been that way for long.

This can be applied to other countries as well, I am sure.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Can I do sports also?

If not, can I make a Canada section since there is a US section? lol

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Well known fact that those stories in the news, newspapers and online is all about stuff relating to America.
Might have changed, but have been that way for long.

There's a lot for America, but that's because we live here. If you live in a country there's more news than there is for other individual countries. Almost all newspapers have multiple pages just of international stuff though, and most websites headline world events more so than national. There's also a devoted section to international, so it's easy to find.
Aussinizi
Aussinizi
160 posts
Nomad

Like every newspaper has those

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I think creating a forum thread on this would be great and you guys can post your stories as you get them. Will you be writing the stuff and reporting in your own words? Or will you be simply copying from other sites? Make sure to site your sources.

patriotboy1
patriotboy1
238 posts
Nomad

The US doesn't really care about anyone except themselves.

LolzcI'd have to say I agree and I don't really see anything on CNN except stuff the directly or indirectly relates to U.S.A.(But I have to agree it's like that in most newspapers around the world)

Also if your trying to cover all the topics add military and poverty?
patriotboy1
patriotboy1
238 posts
Nomad

The US doesn't really care about anyone except themselves.

Lolz I'd have to say I agree and I don't really see anything on CNN except stuff the directly or indirectly relates to U.S.A.(But I have to agree it's like that in most newspapers around the world)

Also if your trying to cover all the topics add military and poverty

(edited)
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

I can do sports. I can do American,Canadian,and English sports. When will I have to give you the updates?

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Will you be writing the stuff and reporting in your own words?

I'll personally be writing original articles. Hopefully everyone else will as well.
donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

i will be too. but of course i will have the stories and topic taken from newspapers or newshomepages. mostly german ones, because i am german. but our newspapers cover most of europe and also the us.

heres a first piece:

since yesterday iceland offically started pertractations about joining the european union. the vote had to be delayed for the last two weeks, because of sceptics in the coalition, who had to be convinced. the governement wanted to convince these sceptics becaus 72% of the population wanted the joining of iceland in the eu. therefore it was logical that the governement wanted to give the voter their choice.
iceland is trying to be ready for joining in 2011 and join in 2012

donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

forgot the source: its the FAZ

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

iceland is trying to be ready for joining in 2011 and join in 2012

I thought they just left that? Or was it something else they left...
donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

I thought they just left that? Or was it something else they left...

it was not iceland bute ireland and they did not leave but some of the eu members wanted them out because they were blocking some contracts that had to be passed.
it do not really remember what the exact reasons were, but there was never a real thread for them to be kicked out
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Do they cover US sports in Germany?

donpiet
donpiet
755 posts
Peasant

Do they cover US sports in Germany?

not in the main newspapers or tv news. there might be some coverage on the superbowl or major events, but not in general.
there are some sportsmagazines where you get all you want to know about the nba nfl nhl and even college league
Showing 16-30 of 138