ForumsWEPRseatbelts

54 12552
xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

i don't know about you but i'm am tired of wearing a seatbelt or getting a ticket over why do you think the government is making us wear it because what if the car is underwater and we can't get out because the seat belt is stuck.
p.s.
i have never gotten a ticket.

• 54 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

It's undisputed that seatbelts save more lives than people who get trapped because of them. However, I don't think it's the government's job to make paternalistic laws like this, but there is still a good argument for requiring seatbelts:
If you get into a wreck and fly through the windshield, you become a projectile that could hurt others or damage their cars. It's also a sight that I'm sure not many people would want to see. So restraining yourself is just like restraining your cargo.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Hahah, I am sure that a body going through a windshield will not cause all that much collateral damage. Even more so since most areas(not counting highways) have a max speed limit of 55. Even going that fast, I do not see the average person going too far outside of their car.

It is the same idea as laws for people wearing helmets when on a bike. It is almost like the gov't assumes we are all clumsy morons and need to be told how to be safe.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

Studies have proven that seat belts save lives by preventing people from getting thrown around in a car accident (no noe likes their guts splattered on asphalt). Also, everyone should have a special cutter in their glove box just in case they do go underwater.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Again, I agree with Moe. Paternalistic laws make me more upset than anything.

armagheddonman
armagheddonman
158 posts
Nomad

I dont like seatbelts but I wear them anyway but I wonder y there are no seatbelts in school buses

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

shouldn't we be able to choose to wear seatbelts or not.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

It's your life to lose.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

but if the cops are so good than there wouldn't be any wreaks cause the cops would take care of it.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

The problem is that the only one who was really "good" died on a cross 2000 years ago and rose 3 days later.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

for one nobody can die and rise 3 days later

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

I did Rescue for 10 years. As someone who has been on more accident scenes than you will ever see, I can state the following.

Please wear your seatbelt so that your blood, gore, and guts has a better chance of staying in one place. Someone has to clean that up.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

i mean i do wear my seatbelt everyday.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Will someone post some valid stats on wearing a seatbelt versus not? I just want to see the numbers myself and maybe seeing that will convince me to wear my belt.

I knew a girl that got decapitated from wearing her seatbelt.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Decapitated? Wow, that's very severe. How does somebody get decapitated from a seatbelt because that just seems too extreme. How fast was she going to be decapitated from a crash?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

She was only going around 50ish MPH, had a head on and I guess the impact of the crash forced her body into the seatbelt and it chopped her head off. It was a major tragedy at my HS.

Showing 16-30 of 54