ForumsThe TavernMENSA AG

54 17181
Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

Yes, another club... But not a free-join club...

I am the founder and Pixie214 is the co-founder... Go to us if you have any questions...

Here's some info on Mensa, our namesake:

Wikipedia on Mensa

From the Mensa Website...

Anyway, in order to be enabled to join you must first:

1. Have taken an IQ test and scored a 132 or higher OR

2. Taken this and gotten 19/30 or higher.

Man, that was a lot of work...

• 54 Replies
HoodHulk58
HoodHulk58
1,181 posts
Nomad

Awww....Sweet i got 21 out of 30...XD
That was harder than i thought...I had a mental break down close to the end. but i rock!!!!!!8D

HiddenDistance
HiddenDistance
1,310 posts
Peasant

The last time I took a proper IQ test (not one of those terrible online tests) I scored 144.

I got 26 out of the 30 questions. A lot of the questions were really.. stupid. And simple. I mean... which vowel is the midpoint between J & T? How could you get that wrong? There's only one vowel in any of those letters to begin with!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Or would you prefer Altie? lol

I said I didn't want to join. . . .

>.>

But no, Nalt or Alt please. For future reference.
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

And simple. I mean... which vowel is the midpoint between J & T? How could you get that wrong?

When I read that I thought it was a trick question. I was like "This is two easy. There is only one vowel in between those two letters"
Xedrox
Xedrox
40 posts
Nomad

24 out of 30 first try i was about to lose it though

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

MENSAAG

Founder: Qwerty001-27/30 and 156 IQ

Co-Founder: Pixie214-19/30

Members:

shayneii-21/30

Graham "Cracker" AKA "Cookie"-19/30

thisisnotanalt-154 IQ

hylian726-23/30

ligaboy-19/30

HoodHulk58-23/30

HiddenDistance-26/30

Xedrox-24/30

Here's the updated version....

[quote=Nalt]I said I didn't want to join. . . .[/quote]

Oh... oh well... Hey, James Woods was a Mensan...

Here's a full list of notable Mensans, if you are interested...

List of Mensans

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

IQ Tests only measure one's experience with said questions. Where one person may have experience with questions relating to patterns and symbolism, others may be skilled in problem solving and arithmetic. One thing that tests lack is scientific questions relating to many sciences or cause and effect.

I got bored with the test around question 9. I think IQ tests measure only the intelligence of people who has worked with similar questioning before. Of course, scoring high on the IQ test is quite an accomplishment, but it only proves your knowledge in the questions you have answered.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

[quote=NoNameC68]I think IQ tests measure only the intelligence of people who has worked with similar questioning before. Of course, scoring high on the IQ test is quite an accomplishment, but it only proves your knowledge in the questions you have answered.[/quote]

Of course not... IQ tests don't measure your intelligence... they measure your potential intelligence.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

online IQ tests measure your understandability of patterns, mathematics, and linguistics

not really your potential

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

[quote=Cookies the Graham Cracker]online IQ tests measure your understandability of patterns, mathematics, and linguistics[/quote]

Who said anything about online IQ tests?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i meant IQ but was thinking about your test

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

[quote=Cookies the Graham Cracker]i meant IQ but was thinking about your test[/quote]

Oh. That's not an IQ test...

I would quote it but it's site is under construction...

It is called Mensa Workout though... not Mensa IQ test...

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

well look on google for IQ test and you'll see many of the same questions.... the real reason i said online was because that's the only tests i've experienced o.o

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

well look on google for IQ test and you'll see many of the same questions.... the real reason i said online was because that's the only tests i've experienced o.o

That's because there is no free online IQ test... usually at the end there will be endless service offers and crap like that.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

a blind man can still try to tell what an object is when he feels it

srry for not knowing o.o

Showing 16-30 of 54