ForumsProgramming Forumwhere can i make games free and easy because i am a newbie

26 15744
ferary
ferary
379 posts
Nomad

where can i make games free and easy because i am a newbie

• 26 Replies
ferary
ferary
379 posts
Nomad

can some body please help me

colinvantveld
colinvantveld
131 posts
Peasant

One thing you could try is a free program called "Scratch." It's not specifically for gaming, but it is a start. I don't know anything more on gaming though.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Try using flash. It isn't free but it's the best way to design games...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Try using flash. It isn't free but it's the best way to design games...

Well he asked for an easy way not the best way. I wouldn't say Flash is the easiest by any means. Its more of a professional tool. Its sort of like how 3DS Max is to Google SketchUp. 3DS Max is a more professional tool that allows more detail, and better more realistic graphics, but costs a good amount of money, and has a steep learning curve for people who are new to 3D modeling, where as Google SketchUp is free, and is a lot easier to use, but doesn't allow for the best detailed graphics. In a metaphorical(and some times literal) sense its the same way between Flash and some other game making programs such as Scratch, and Game Maker. Though I'm not really sure why I am explaining all of this as you probably already know that.

As for the original question I would suggest possibly Game Maker if you really want to start learning how to make games. For a beginner its not really about starting off learning the best programs for making games, but ones that have the smallest learning curve, and build your way up. Just a bit of advice though. If you do choose Game Maker I would suggest actually learning how to code in gml once you think you know the interface well enough, so you can start learning a programming language of some sort, because every game is based off of some sort of programming language and its best to start learning one somewhere so you can understand the simple concepts of programming that stand true within every programming language(in other words learning one programming language makes it easier to learn others). I have yet to try this Scratch program, but it seems interesting as well. If you want to give that a try as well then I would say feel free to do so.

I guess I can supply links to both:

Game Maker 7.0
Scratch

Also if you want to have a look at Flash then I will give you a link to it as well:

Adobe Flash CS4
evilmonkry8
evilmonkry8
29 posts
Nomad

I use Game Maker.

razlbasil
razlbasil
118 posts
Nomad

I recently got flash, it's a very complicated design though, and even i dont really get it as far as making games, even though thats what i aim for, I would use game maker if you want an easy game maker (duh) and the links are 2 posts above this so i will not post the link.

BenTheBozer
BenTheBozer
815 posts
Nomad

Learn python :P

mki10
mki10
251 posts
Nomad

can u add a link for python i wanna learn too. if u make a game on scratch or python or gamemaker can u send them to armorgames or does it only take flash

LennonTheMage
LennonTheMage
55 posts
Nomad

@mki10 only flash

@ferary Flash can be easy if you have a good friend you know to teach you. If you ever need to learn the basics I can help, just leave a comment on my user page.

Buttersnack
Buttersnack
332 posts
Peasant

I think Flash is very easy and use it for other purposes such as drawing as well as making games and animating.

Walkthruflash
Walkthruflash
15 posts
Nomad

Well i suggest game maker, you won't be able to upload the game here (or any games website really) but you can upload it on a file sharing website for people to download. Anyway game maker is simple and comes with a tutorial (i think). But if you're up to it, download a free trial of flash and start looking up tutorials! I hope you learn how to make a game

manofcheese
manofcheese
58 posts
Nomad

Python is a programming language not software. But python can be used for other things.

mki10
mki10
251 posts
Nomad

ik armor games only takes flash i just wanna make a fucking game

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

I would use game maker pretty simple.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

Oh, by the way is there a free game making program that armor games accepts??

Showing 1-15 of 26