ForumsProgramming Forumwhere can i make games free and easy because i am a newbie

26 15745
ferary
ferary
379 posts
Nomad

where can i make games free and easy because i am a newbie

• 26 Replies
ferary
ferary
379 posts
Nomad

wow some1 actually revived this thread thanks

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Oh, by the way is there a free game making program that armor games accepts??

Nope... Armor Games only accepts Flash Games... sorry.
cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

theres probably nothing free that armor games would accept

devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts
Nomad

byond

www.byond.com

gamemaker

www.yoyogames.com

devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts
Nomad

one more thing both game makers allow you to post games on their sites and both(byond its easier but gamemaker can still do it) can make multiplayer games and bot can easily have game vids posted on youtube

Maihym
Maihym
1 posts
Nomad

You should use Stencylworks its cool and easy to use.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Oh man. This is the question. You want a program that is free and easy. The former is quite easy to achieve; a Google search for "free game software" will bring up thousands of results. However, most of these are not easy to use. Flashdevelop, for example, requires a very indepth knowledge of ActionScript to use effectively.

That said, you should probably try out Game Maker Lite, and Stencyl. They are both relatively easy to use programs that aren't hard to get the hang of.

Pluse
Pluse
46 posts
Shepherd

The ones I have used are not user-friendly at all, Though you can find a few nice ones on C-net or do a google search for one. Most of them are not easy to use, takes allot of time to learn how to use one.

So if you have the time to learn one then I recommend you do, its hard but can be fun once you got the know how.

Kelcey
Kelcey
1 posts
Constable

There's also the 'bored out of my mind with a computer i can't install new software on' option, which is to try writing games in an Excel spreadsheet. All you need is an If() function and a random number generator. They'll be fairly simple games, of course, but can be enough for proof of concept.

Ayrow
Ayrow
3 posts
Nomad

Great thread, thanks everyone

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

why is this thread so famous

Showing 16-26 of 26