ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 318635
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
HiddenDistance
HiddenDistance
1,310 posts
Peasant

What do you mean by that?

Don't want to put words in his mouth, but I'd say he means: anyone who thinks Kent Hovind is a reliable source or someone that you should listen to (i.e. you) isn't capable of understanding the concept/meaning of the burden of proof.
HEADHUNTER58
HEADHUNTER58
370 posts
Nomad

untill we can travel to the edge of space, we will never know but i still and will always say that this "god" you all speak of, for him to exsist is impossible. who knows who made space and time but as i said,
we may never know, and thats why we should choose to belive or not

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

I believe that what many ancient civilizations, and even some modern ones, perceive(d) as "gods" were likely extraterrestrials. They would not have been able to tell the difference between aliens and gods, because they didn't know aliens existed.

twigonometry
twigonometry
144 posts
Nomad

I believe that what many ancient civilizations, and even some modern ones, perceive(d) as "gods" were likely extraterrestrials.

Hey, look, it's an explanation more plausible than what most any religion presents! Right on. Just don't become the next Hubbard and you're golden =P
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Thought this made a decent explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZiO3HNG_qo

twigonometry
twigonometry
144 posts
Nomad

Thought this made a decent explanation.

Also plausible! GOSH you guys my faith is suffering, I must acquire some doughnuts to replenish my faith supplies!!

...you guys DO know that's why churches serve doughnuts and coffee right? Let me tell about where the blood and flesh of Christ ACTUALLY resides =P
xDethklokx
xDethklokx
61 posts
Nomad

I don't believe in God because Satan is my dad and he says that God is just a made-up entity that helps people deal with their problems :P

fritomaster
fritomaster
117 posts
Nomad

How could your dad be Satan if Satan was a angel

twigonometry
twigonometry
144 posts
Nomad

Because, he Satan is just a total rebel and was like "**** you, I'll have a kid if I want to.

lmao

I'm enjoying the direction this thread has taken way too much.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,210 posts
Peasant

I don't believe in God because Satan is my dad and he says that God is just a made-up entity that helps people deal with their problems :P

But Satan was made up by the same religion, so you have a imaginary dad?
xDethklokx
xDethklokx
61 posts
Nomad

Lol don't have to look into my comment that much. It was just a joke :P And besides..I think it's plausible that Satan would try to tell me that God is made up..don't you? (Hail Satan btw) LOL

twigonometry
twigonometry
144 posts
Nomad

Dude, deth, shut up. My imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend!

xDethklokx
xDethklokx
61 posts
Nomad

Too late man, because I unimagined my imaginary friend. Wait, that means yours is even better now!...crap.

LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

And lo the thread fell into the realm of imaginary friends and there was much sillyness among the Armored ones...LTT 1:1

Please no one take offense at that, it's just me being silly.

I just had a few things I wanted to say here. I in no way intend to bash on the guy who started this thread. I do not believe in God as presented to me by any religion. I think it is foolish for us as human beings to think we have even that slightest idea of what God is or could be. I believe in the laws of nature and the forces of the universe, maybe I could be said to see those things as "God" but I don't really think of it that way. As I said I don't think anyone including myself can really know what God is. How can we (the human race) assume that we have any understanding of the universe when it is so big and we are only a tiny part of it?

I also have to say (since I hadn't check this thread for a while) the video Talo posted is just infuriating. I couldn't even watch all of it because I found myself wishing I could magically reach through the internet and punch the girl that made it. I'm very glad that the majority of christians I know in real life are nothing like that. They will actually give others a chance to explain their beliefs, and most I know don't try very hard to convert people. Most of them do at some point say that you should believe in God and Jesus but they won't tell you that you have to convert at some point before you die. I only got through maybe two minutes of it before I started to feel my brain melting and had to stop watching.

IaXe
IaXe
24 posts
Nomad

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

What you only did in your semi-arguments is to destroy every element of logical thought and science.

Please, stop using scientific terms just to sound smarter, because you insult people who actually know science.

Stop attempting to use reason to prove the existance of something that is a hypothesis and "lives" in the sphere of human imagination.

Stop taking advantage of man's need to explain the world around him, by suggesting unintellectuality and a do-nothingism of the human mind.

Bare that in mind; the existance or non-existance of god and the meaning of life are matters that the greatest philosophers of human kind have wrote hundreds of books and argued for their whole lifes about. It's insulting to them to even support arguements like that.

I have a little advice. Read books; read philosophy, read literature, the great classics. Read as many books as you can and then think about what the author has to say, argue even with yourself and make your own theories if you want.

After many years, who knows, you might still believe in god, but you'll be a better christian, or you might believe in completely other things and have a totally different perspective of the world around you.

In any case, you'll be a much more enlightend human.

The search never ends.
Showing 271-285 of 881