ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329658
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Joseph Smith

Where the heck did you come up with all that you said about Joseph Smith?? It's ALL wrong! And just so you know, Joseph Smith was killed, NOT treated like a god!
twigonometry
twigonometry
144 posts
Nomad

Hey, might as well jump into the deep end here. ^_^ I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian home. Now I'm antireligious. Please note this has very little to do with God, something many religious people have yet to figure out in actual practice.

Belief in some form of ultimate being is currently a respectable position if one is not arrogant about it. Given all present evidence available to man, it is a plausible beliefe. So is believing in no god. So if we're coming from a stricly evidence/reason-based approach, a very reasonable position is to say such a belief is simply a matter of personable preference. Whatever gets you through the day, kids.

Now once people get into deliberating the nature of a supposed god, and how we should or shouldn't live based on our belief in god, or belief in the afterlife? It's highly unwarranted behavior based on current data.

If you believe in the sort of god who is truthful, then please consider such a god wouldn't go against the rules of its own universe. The minds and words of human beings, however, are easy influenced by the most inane of occurrences. So if you're going to be religious and worship your god, are you going to go off of words written by people you never met and know nothing about? Because they say so, God told them to tell you? Sounds like thousands of years of the game of telephone to me. Alternatively, there's this thing called science, the observation of things which don't change their minds and don't care about the silly agendas of men and nations. Incidentally, the only religious people I know that I have any major respect for are also scientists, and believe in all the good, pretty much irrefutable scientific facts (like evolution). And it really doesn't get in the way of their faith. It just makes them more intelligent, less annoying people to be around.

-end

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Oh! You mean like the Australopithecus and friends?

Yes.

I think Lucy was dated to be around 3.5 million so that makes sense yes.

Whats that suppose to mean?
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Does that include me?

No, everyone I know in real life I should say. You seem like a nice person so I wouldn't be surprised if you got into heaven.

Whats that suppose to mean?

Wrong. It was 4 million years ago.

You said this and I was confused.
Tarcobell
Tarcobell
121 posts
Nomad

didnt change me

life sucks god blows jesus died for nothing

you should go back to school before you go on another 16 hours of googling lol

Tarcobell
Tarcobell
121 posts
Nomad

oh and

if heaven is so utterly great why bother having a before life?

when you can just go and have heaven life

Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Please note this has very little to do with God, something many religious people have yet to figure out in actual practice.

twigonometry, please show me where I said something about religion, it seems to me that you atheists are trying debate on a subject that doesn't have anything related with the main subject, and you try to stick your little subject on the main subject although you didn't researched at bit of what the main subject is all about.

You use the word religion and all that's derivatived with it to say that you don't need to do anything to please God, because God doesn't exists, but you failed to prove that God doesn't exists and if God exists you don't need to do something to please Him, let me tell you something, God, the real God, Jesus did everything that was needed to be done, He took the punishment for our sins on that cross, and He did it because He loves us, and if we just believe that He did what He did, we will be saved.

Now, you may not be an atheist, but you sure are not a christian.

Alternatively, there's this thing called science, the observation of things which don't change their minds and don't care about the silly agendas of men and nations.

You don't even know what science is all about, evolution is not scientific, scientifical things are the things that can be tested, repeated and observed, with evolution you can't do that, now, don't tell me about the fossils, first of all a fossil show us that it died, and secondly, I showed you a leg of a cowboy fossilized.

May God open you eyes.
Skarrface
Skarrface
101 posts
Peasant

I have gotten 2 the point where i cannot comprehend the amount of sheer stupidity in this thread about why ppl believe in god or not. The very simple answer to everybody reply to one another's answers on this thread is this simple, and yes i will type this in all caps to make sure everybody gets it is...SOME PPL BELIEVE IN GOD AND SOME PPL DON'T. DEAL WITH IT!!!

that is all.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

but you failed to prove that God doesn't exists

It is almost impossible to prove a negative in anything but the most controlled settings on incredibly limited scopes. And even to do that you have to make a number of major assumptions. Proving God doesn't exist is scientifically impossible, which is why science has never said God exists, however, you can never prove that God exists for exactly the same reasons, and given that there isn't a large body of proof of God's existence there's a high probability that He doesn't exist. That's the reason that many in the scientific community and those that value logic and reason choose to atheist or agnostic.

You don't even know what science is all about, evolution is not scientific, scientifical things are the things that can be tested, repeated and observed, with evolution you can't do that, now

You're in for a fantastic treat then as the August issue of American Naturalist this year has an article on how two subgroups of Monarch Flycatchers on the Solomon Isles have recently formed due to one single genetic mutation, and these two sub-species have stopped mating as a result. There will soon be proof of macro evolution.

I showed you a leg of a cowboy fossilized

You showed a cowboy boot with something white inside of it. It could have been a fossil or anything. It could have been a bone. It could have been a plaster mold. No one here can tell, and since you only linked a picture as opposed to a peer reviewed scientific article none of us can know. Similar to how your picture of a burnt Mt Sinai looked suspiciously like any mountain in a desert environment with a shadow falling across it's top.
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Love God, hate the church.

That's the motto I live by.

Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

It is almost impossible to prove a negative in anything but the most controlled settings on incredibly limited scopes. And even to do that you have to make a number of major assumptions. Proving God doesn't exist is scientifically impossible, which is why science has never said God exists, however, you can never prove that God exists for exactly the same reasons, and given that there isn't a large body of proof of God's existence there's a high probability that He doesn't exist. That's the reason that many in the scientific community and those that value logic and reason choose to atheist or agnostic.

My friend, God exists, He came to earth to pay the price for our sins, it seems that your forgot that.

You showed a cowboy boot with something white inside of it. It could have been a fossil or anything. It could have been a bone. It could have been a plaster mold. No one here can tell, and since you only linked a picture as opposed to a peer reviewed scientific article none of us can know. Similar to how your picture of a burnt Mt Sinai looked suspiciously like any mountain in a desert environment with a shadow falling across it's top.

I already told you that fossils do not prove evolution, that's just logical, it just proves that it died.

As far I know, any fossil can be faked, as you said.

Look at this picture, you can clearly see, that's not a fake.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-close.jpg

And here's another thing

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/rapid-fossils-hat.jpg

What I want to proves is that, it doesn't takes milions of years for something to fossilize, and that earth is 6000 years old, as the Bible says.
twigonometry
twigonometry
144 posts
Nomad

twigonometry, please show me where I said something about religion

To be perfectly blunt, I don't care what you said. I am not trying to be offensive, but it's the truth. I was merely contributing my viewpoint to the discussion thread, not replying specifically to you. You have your viewpoint, and it's different from mine, and that's fine. Freedom of opinion is a beautiful thing.

I make the distinction between God and religion because people invariably confuse the two. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of religions that have come along with their particular flavor of what God is. Or what gods are, for that matter. The idea of God as a universal truth (or falsehood, as the case may be) is entirely independent from what we as humans have to say about it. People can say whatever they like about the sun, for instance. I can say it's a god riding his fiery chariot through the sky. But this doesn't change what the sun actually is, just what I believe about it.

Evolution has in fact been demonstrated repeatedly on a bacterial level in laboratories. Carbon dating is also irrefutable unless you believe God intentionally and arbitrarily disrupted laws of physics. I for one don't buy that, and neither does my best friend who is both conservation Christian and holds a Ph.D. in astrophysics.

However, I am sympathetic to your viewpoint for the very simple reason that I was homeschooled from 1st grade through the end of high school in a hardcore fundie Christian family. I was sent to seminars put on by groups like the Creation Research Institute, where I was inundated with all the ways that evolution was an evil, evil lie. Truly Zep, there is nothing you could not tell me that I haven't already heard (and likely believed sincerely at one point). And after pursuing the matter for myself, I have decided that is isn't true. What I will say is, if you are happy with how your beliefs influence your life and the lives of those around you, more power to you. =) Some people will find you extremely annoying, but it's a completely forgivable cost for living in a free society! Meanwhile you get to be annoyed with all the rest of us who "don't get it". =P
Skarrface
Skarrface
101 posts
Peasant

I like to apologize for my earlier post, for i realized to some ppl it's more than that. Ur free to believe in whatever u chose, and i ignore that too often.

Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

twigonometry, I will show how wrong is carbon dating, go on my profile and look at those 2 videos, by the way, stop making yourself smart, I'll show you how wrong you are, and hopefully then, you will believe in God.
The videos were made by Kent Hovind, don't tell me what kind of person he is and what he did, listen about what he will prove to you, and you can check everything he says, you will find out that he's telling the truth, and what he says is right.

I want to know what you think, and you're welcome to come to God, He'll forgive your for every sin you did.

God bless you! maybe today you will become a believer in Jesus, the Lord of lords, and the King of kings.

twigonometry
twigonometry
144 posts
Nomad

Zep... lol, why are you so desperate to change my beliefs? I believe in God, thanks. Last I checked, I thought he and I were pretty cool with each other... Why on earth would I stop wanting to make myself smart?

I'd never heard of Kent Hovind before, but a quick search indicates he got a degree in Religious Studies in 1971 from the non accredited Midwestern Baptist College. Going to him for definitive information on evolution would be similar to going to your local diner and asking the cook to explain NASA's shuttle launch sequence to you. The man is simply not qualified. Regardless of who he is as a person, he doesn't have the knowledge or training to know what he is talking about.

You really want to know what I think? I think you are most likely young and following in the beliefs of your parents. I think you are inclined to defend your beliefs at all costs, no matter what, because in the end you need to identify with your family and how you were raised. Furthermore, I am more than okay with that because especially when you're young, it's better to be in a close, healthy relationship with your family than to have all the facts straight.

Of course, the above paragraph is purely speculation. I could be wrong about all of that. But you asked what I think. =) Peace!

Showing 181-195 of 881